- 10-19-2011, 08:14 AM #1
Ban on free milk formula samples for newborns
From today's SCMP - 19/10/11
Giving out free samples of milk formula for newborns will be banned under a new code of practice drawn up by manufacturers, an industry association said yesterday.
Public hospitals stopped giving out free milk formula samples last year but some manufacturers continue the practice in private hospitals and will have to stop once the code comes into effect.
Under the code, complaints can be filed with the association and the complaint will be passed to the named manufacturer, which should respond within 14 working days. If the complainant is still not satisfied, the case will be heard by a committee comprising a trade member and two from outside the business.
Companies can be fined up to HK$100,000 under the code. Repeated breaches will lead to suspension or cancellation of membership in the association and that will be announced in newspapers.Founder of GeoBaby.Com
- By peachylin in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 8Last Post: 06-10-2011, 10:37 PM
- By thanka2 in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 12-11-2010, 05:32 PM
- By jaetee in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 9Last Post: 02-06-2007, 02:49 PM
- By PreggerC in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 1Last Post: 01-10-2006, 11:25 AM
- By tammie in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 2Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:48 PM