Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Adventist is going to be full

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    honestly i won't worry too much - like carang says, you get colustrum first (which is important) but the actual milk flow doesn't come till at least 3 days after you have the baby, by which time you'll be on your way home (well - home soon at's 5 day stay, right?) i would tell your doc how you feel and have him talk to the nurses - my doc did that for me and managed to change rooms - you're making a fuss will work, but coming from the doc much more powerful

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    One of the biggest problems I see with HK in general is that to get the best outcome for yourself you have to make an extreme pest of yourself (raising your voice, throwing your weight around, just being generally unpleasant) and be persistent (as there are always front line staff trying to fob you off).......I just get a feeling it shouldn't need to be this way. As I said earlier, for the amount you pay in the private you shouldn't have to deal with this sort of stress but the problem is the market - too few beds, too many people (from the Mainland ) willing to pay = hospitals need not really address the service requirements of the consumer as end of the day, someone WILL fill that bed.
    It's a pity there isn't a middle option between full public and deluxe private, that would really change the competitive environment.

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Lantau
    Well my operation took place this morning at 11am I was placed on the 6/F however they have just relocated me to a room on the 2/F next to the nursery. So I am happy so under the circumstance after the operation they wheeled me to the nursery so I could breastfeed. All good.. : ) Happy Mama now!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Congrats, and happy it worked out for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12