Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Helper and newborns

TungBB is offline Registered User
    I agree with thanka2. To follow to the book on a schedule will be more tiring and will drive me crazy. But that is me.

We follow a schedule but I am flexible about it. If my baby seems hungry or tired though it is not time yet, I will feed her, settle her for naps.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Trying is offline Registered User
    Thank you so so much for all the great advice! I've got my helper onto a childcare/first aid course, we're busily doing all the baby laundry (now that I can finally bring myself to unpack things), am drawing up a list of emergency numbers etc etc. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have advice from other mums on what to do - I've been feeling so lost. Hubby and I will be discussing boundaries, schedules etc in light of everything you've said and then put our decisions to our helper - so much to think about!

carang is offline Registered User
    one thing to remember:

although you may read dozens of books about babies and how you should/should not feed them, burp them, put them to sleep... your baby has NOT read the books. your baby is an individual and while the books may give you an idea of what you want to do and how you want to do it, when that little bundle arrives, they often have their own ideas about how you will do things.

flexibility and moderation are the keys to happy parenting. (at least in my view)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123