Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

I found I am pregnant, what should I do next?

sams is offline Registered User

I found I am pregnant, what should I do next?

Hi Guys,

I need help.

I just found that I am pregnant. Well I did urine pregnancy test at home which came positive. Then I went to a private clinic where dr again did the urine pregnancy test which also came positive. She then gave me a certificate saying I have positive pregnancy test and told me to go for Antenatal check up.

This is my first time and I have no idea at all. I want to go to public hospital for the check up and delivery.

What am I supposed to do now? Someone told me that I should have referral letter from dr but I only have a certificate saying I have positive pregnancy test.

Do I need to make appointment or do I just walk in the public hospital? Or am I supposed to go to certain specific place?

Please help.

Thanks
    Sam

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    congrats!

where are you located? i'm located in kennedy town so the catchment area's clinic was tsan yuk clinic in sai ying pun. (link attached: http://www.ha.org.hk/visitor/ha_hosp...00133&Lang=ENG

the doc certificate stating that you're pregnant (positive pregnancy test) should be sufficient to show to the clinic but to double confirm, you can call the number on tsan yuk's website.

m_c
    m_c is offline Registered User
    Call up the hospital who's catchment area you fall in and find out when and where you should go to register (some hospitals allow you to register at anytime others have specific days/times). When you register you should take along your ID card, proof of address (though they might ask your to bring this back later) and the letter from your doctor. They will then give you the date and time of your first appointment. Good luck!

penelope is offline Registered User
    If you only just found out it s probably quite early so there is no rush in registering really.
    If you want to have an early scan, do it privately at around 6/8 weeks. They won't give you one in the public system.
    If everything is fine after that go and register with the public system.

sams is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

Thanks for the help. I went to hospital today and got myself registered. They have given me appointment for 16th November.

Sams :)