Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESF ABUCUS,esf WANSHISHA OR discoveyr mind in db?

2mums is offline Registered User

ESF ABUCUS,esf WANSHISHA OR discoveyr mind in db?

can anyone please let me know which one is better among ESF abucus, esf Wukaisha and discovery mind in DB? I made visit to esf wukaisha and discovery mind and my husband went to abucus. it seems that ESF has better educational system, however I am not sure if this is so important for kids in their 3 and 4s. Discovery mind seems find but I am not sure if it is as good as ESF.

Between 2 ESF, abucus has good out door environment and wukaisha has good indoor but not so good outdoor. based on your experience, is out door environment very important in kids growing up life? I think so, but it is so hard to get in HK. also is abucus VERY difficult to get in?

your opinion will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by 2mums; 11-01-2011 at 10:11 AM.

no one has experiences of db discovery mind and esf? can you give some suggestions?

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User

My daughter is currently in K1 at WKS and I go there once a week as a part of the parent volunteer program. We like the school . The classrooms are spacious and modern. They have quite a lot of teaching aids and teacher student ratio is also good. Overall a good choice.
    Can't say anything about the other two.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

If you want to go to ESF Primary I strongly suggest you go the ESF route, changes of getting in without sibling priority or ESF Kindy priority are fairly slim these days. So are chances for ESF Kindy because of this reason, so apply to multiple schools if possible.

thanks shwetakhanna. do u think wks is international enough? during my last visits, I saw most kids there are Asian/HK . I might be wrong, however, they looked like Chinese to me.

thanks Mommyto3. do u know which one is easier to get in between abucus and wks? I really like abucus but I heard it is very hard to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by 2mums View Post
    thanks Mommyto3. do u know which one is easier to get in between abucus and wks? I really like abucus but I heard it is very hard to get in.
    I know Clearwater Bay School is extremely hard to get into so I can only imagine that Abacus is fairly similar. However, that doesn't mean WKS is easy ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2mums View Post
    thanks shwetakhanna. do u think wks is international enough? during my last visits, I saw most kids there are Asian/HK . I might be wrong, however, they looked like Chinese to me.
    Most ESF schools look quite Asian. 75% of ESF parents are PRs. That doesn't obviously mean they're all Chinese. There is a huge mix of Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Caucasians from the UK, Australia, the US, many European countries, all over. Also many "Chinese" that I've met at ESF actually have foreign passport, e.g. Australian, Canadian, US, British, so they may look Chinese, they're not necessarily "very local". Obviously there is large % that has HKSAR passport, or Chinese, but it's really a huge mixture. My children's ESF school has 40 nationalities, but if you look at their class pictures, roughly 70-80% is "Asian looking" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast