Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

db, how do you deal with mosquitoes and others ?

2mums is offline Registered User

db, how do you deal with mosquitoes and others ?

I have been to DB so many times as my twins in shatin where we are living now hardly have any quality outdoor experience, if I don't take them out of the area to find some greens.

I really liked DB environment however , the mosquitoes in DB has put me off every time when I thought I should move to DB. I have been bitten every single time when I am in DB. Now I am planning to move again, so I am wondering if anyone has same problems as me? also are there a lot of activities for kids , eg, music learning, dancing, takuandao etc.

many thanks!

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    i just moved to db and am getting eaten up! mostly it's close to the beach area, db plaza, and la costa. i think it's actually more sand flies/no see ums than mosquitos though. would love to know what helps repel them!

ps. there are lots of signs up for kids activities!

2mums is offline Registered User
    I have decided to move to db with portable electronic device to kill all mosquitoes who dare to get close to me. HKexpat2010, near central park has a lot of mosquitoes or some other insects bitten people too.... I saw some people picnic there, I don't know how they can.... ! admire ....

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    congrats on your making your decision! i do love it here. it's so refreshing to see green every time i look out the window and hear birds instead of buses and cars after living in sheung wan for almost a year. hope you enjoy it here!

canadamommy is offline Registered User
    I use RID. It's an Aussie bug spray, available at Bumps to Babes and it's the only thing that works for me in DB.

There are TONS of kids activitie, schools and playgroups. Check at the Resident's Club (now called DB Recreation Club) at the plaza and also signs up everywhere too and ads in DB magazines. Also, several ESF sports activities offered here, too. Check the ESF website.

sunny_mummy is offline Registered User
    Hi, I'm not in HK yet but for holidays I have tried loads of sprays that smelled awful..the last one just kinda made me smell like damp! And the little one really just wouldn't put it on at all. So we got bands which were super effective. Also I was pregnant when we went to a mozzy area this year as well so I was really not wanting to get bit or use the usual deet stuff and these are natural (think it must be some kind of citronella based stuff). I found these really great and my girl didn't mind wearing it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mosiband-Ins...1227304&sr=8-2

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Sprays and patches are the way to go. I find I also don't get bitten anywhere as much now that I have been in DB almost 2 years. I do hear that the new people tend to get bitten the most!

joycetantan is offline Registered User
    Yes, new people seem get more bitten. My mom was in Db for one month and always got bitten anywhere while I had almost nothing. Funny, ah? How could Mosquitos distinguish new people n dber?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast