Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Yakult not in chillers?

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Came across this article recently which nicely ties in with what I was trying to express earlier. Sugar is not the evil monster that some make it out to be:
    http://www.slate.com/articles/life/f...breakfast.html

My mother always told me :-)
    Have whatever you like, just have it in moderation
    southside852 likes this.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by southside852 View Post
    my son (he's almost 4) loves yakult and hasn't had one sip of soda in his life. I am ok with a yakult every couple of days. He rarely eats sweets (i.e. candy/cookies) etc...i know there is sugar in the drink, but at least he's not begging for cake, cookies and candy....it could be worse.
    Yep, I think it just depends on the parents' personal preference or views toward it. I think my son actually drinks Yakult when he's with his grandparents once a week but nowadays I take the stance that "What happens at Ye Ye and Ma Ma's (Cantonese paternal grandparents) stays at Ye Ye and Ma Ma's." Who knows what else he's eating there--on the list is most definitely oreos. So, after his sugar high on the weekends I see no reason to feed him any more sugar at all during the week.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User
    Yakult announced in May 2011 on the setup of a new production line at its Hong Kong Yakult’s factory to produce Yakult LT(Yiliduo LT), a low-sugar version of the original Yakult drink, on May 18, 2011 for local sales. The new version will have less than 5gm of sugar per 100 ml bottle.

http://www.yakult.co.jp/english/news/article.php?num=41

Thus it contains half or less than half the sugar content than natural orange juice & coke.

I am a strong believer of moderation too:)

The point is that I'm not used to the unchilled storage way of yakult & some yogurt product at some supermarkets & convenience stores here. There is also some other brand of yogurt product that should go into the chillers being placed beside them at a particular supermaket, but again they were stored next to the chillers. Back home such things are all stringently chilled for sale and if I don't remember wrongly the yakult bottles there are indicated with a specific temperature to be stored. It doesn't matter if soft drinks are not chilled for sale but to have yogurt products not chilled for sale that seems abit odd...

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    You can refer to this link on Geoexpat where someone asked the same thing;

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread73323.html

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12