Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Singapore hotel recommendation with kids

sea princess is offline Registered User

Singapore hotel recommendation with kids

Hi
    I am looking at taking my two children aged 1 and 6 to Singapore at Xmas for a holiday and would love some recommendations for places to stay. We have decided to stay around Orchard road (mainly for shopping, restaurants and general access to things at night as we are taking our helper).

I love the ShangriLa pool at Sentosa (has a great kids water slide) and was wondering if there is anything equivalent around the main city area - water slide, great kids pool? I didn't want to stay at Sentosa.

Also, we plan on doing the zoo and possibly universal studios. Any other suggestions of activities?

Thank you!

blessed is offline Registered User
    we r planning to go to singapore over christmas & new year as well... but is thinking of spending half time at sentosa and half in town...

we plan to stay at grand hyatt which is at corner of orchard & scott, from my work trip i stayed there before they have a lovely resort style pool with cabanas on side plus a kids pool, don't think they have water slide though coz I didn't have kids back then and didn't pay too much attention... not sure if the shangrila singapore has one?

our boy just turned one and we plan to go to underwater water world, singapore zoo & maybe universal studio but probably will just chill by the pool most of the time :) any other suggestions would be welcomed!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    the best hotel for kids is the shangri-la on sentosa esp now that it's been renovated. it's kid pool and kids club cannot be matched. there's really nothing like it in the city centre. most families stay at the shangri-la in town, four seasons which are both relatively close to orchard. you could try the hard rock on sentosa (has kids club and sand/kid stuff in their pool area). if you are doing underwater world and universal then just stay on sentosa. they also have the best pools. the zoo is relatively far in general, but of course easy since a taxi will just take you there and back.

sea princess is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the replies blessed and southside852. We had our eye on the ShangriLa near orchard rd, so I think I might go with that and stay some of the time at Sentosa. Will look into the Hard Rock too. Appreciate the advice.