- 11-05-2011, 07:49 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Hong Kong
Disposable Art Smocks or Rain Ponchos
For my daughter's birthday I have decided bravely to have a paintfest with all her little buddies....so I need to buy lots of smocks or small rain ponchos. Any ideas where I would go to find these?
I walked around Pottinger Street in Central today but no luck, went to a few of the tiny art shops but no luck and at bumps to babes they had some but they's not really the disposable sort, and quite expensive!!!
All suggestions welcomed!
- 11-05-2011, 08:45 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2008
how old is ur daughter? if she is below 18 mths, you can consider buying ikea's kids' bib
toysrus also stocks crayola's drawing aprons. im not sure abt the price though.
try artland at wanchai yet?
for more diy ideas, you can:
use trash bags. cut a hole for the neck and snip off the sides. then tie the plastics to the child's back/ sides.
since it's a paint party, u can consider buying white cotton cloth from alteration shops. sew a really simple poncho for each child. or ask the alteration guy to do it according to your sketch. use fabric paints for the party. kids can take them home after the party. you can even include iron ons or any fabric related accessories like sew on jewels in your goody bag.
if sewing ur own poncho too much trouble, just head down to any local shops that stocks kids' plain white long sleeve t shirts. same too.
have a blast!
- 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM #3
I always just use trash bags with necks nd arm holes cut into them. Super easy clean up! You just throw them away.
- By Lisainhk in forum Everything ElseReplies: 3Last Post: 08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
- By southside852 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 10Last Post: 04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
- By Ai li in forum Baby TalkReplies: 2Last Post: 04-06-2009, 03:38 PM
- By shaanmom in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 13Last Post: 06-18-2008, 07:43 PM
- By newbies in forum The Practical ParentReplies: 8Last Post: 05-08-2006, 09:05 PM