Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Expat USA and NZ couple in Guangzhou delivering in Hong Kong

Blake21 is offline Registered User

Expat USA and NZ couple in Guangzhou delivering in Hong Kong

Hi All,
    I have a question in regards to getting my baby back to China after giving birth in Hong Kong as fast as possible.

I am American and my wife is a Kiwi, the baby is being born in Hong Kong. I have received information pertaining to acquiring a US or Kiwi passport from the corresponding embassies already, but i cannot find any information as to how I get the baby back to China on a visa as fast as possible. We have work Visas for China, but i wouldn't mind getting the little one a tourist visa first, or whatever is fastest. Also does anyone know if the visa application could be done in parallel with the passport application.

I know its a bit vague, so please please ask any questions you have. Any and all advice is appreciated. thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

no, they cannot be done in parallel. they are obviously done at different places. a visa could be done in a day or less, so that won't matter much. it is the passports that you have to sort as quickly as possible.

Blake21 is offline Registered User

Thanks for that info. When talking about a day or less i'm guessing you're talking about a tourist visa? I guess that won't be an issue, and we can apply for a dependent's work visa once we are back in china. Any thoughts? experiences? Thanks!

nope, sorry. my kids have canadian passports and are eligible for HKSAR passports...we just have never bothered applying for the HKSAR passports, but i'm sure we will eventually.

and yes, i was referring to a tourist visa, since that is what you mentioned.