Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lali07

Rub-a-Dub Dub Poison's in the Tub

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Exclamation Rub-a-Dub Dub Poison's in the Tub

Came across this article. Not a big surprise to me as I've been pretty vigilant about this sort of thing. Also related is this site.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

erina320 is offline Registered User
    Sad thing is J&J is the shampoo they use on babies in the delivery room for their first bath.

So glad I wash my babies with California Baby!

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    Sounds like scare-mongering to me to be honest. Would be far far more worried about the effect of breathing Hong Kong air than getting cancer from baby shampoo. There are academic studies showing the links between living in Hong Kong and higher rates of respiratory illness.... nothing exists to show J&J baby shampoo has any harmful effects on babies at all.

Lali07 is offline Registered User
    There is really no need to wash a young baby in any sort of chemical, soap or baby wash. You'll wash away their natural protective oils and dry out their skin. Plain warm water is fine! They are not out digging trenches so there is no need to wash them every day either. Same for baby wipes, cotton wool and water is all thats needed. Baby stuff is big business and companies will have you believe you need all this stuff when in fact you don't. I would rather save up all the cash I would spend and buy an air purifier instead!
    thanka2 likes this.

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    I agree that a lot of the products you see are not needed, and no need to bathe a baby every day either. We do most of the time since we (parents and baby!) enjoy it and have made it part of the going to bed routine now. Our daughter loves splashing in the bathtub so we are happy to do it even though it's not necessary from her personal hygiene point of view.

carang is offline Registered User
    i agree... my kids are now almost 5 & 7 and they have always LOVED bath time. i have NEVER had an argument about having a bath/washing hair...it's great!

as a matter of fact, my kids have been known to spend up to 2 hours in the bath at a time!

Lali07 is offline Registered User
    My little man only started loving it from around 6m when he could sit, so thats when we started bathing him every day (usually with one of us in there with him - its a fun family time), and thankfully he does like it now since he spends more time in the dirt! But before then he didn't like it, plus it was cold. Point is, its not needed from a hygiene point of view when they're tiny..

Scroll to top