Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

where to buy steamer thing (humidifier?) for baby with cold

charade is offline Registered User

where to buy steamer thing (humidifier?) for baby with cold

My almost one-year-old son gets a cold pretty often. The steamy bathroom doesn't seem to work for him... I read on a couple of threads about using a steamer (humidifier?) to let the baby do some light inhalation or to steam up the room. Where does one get this though? I'm assuming the air should come out hot and not room temperature as in some humidifiers.

I also heard lavender drops/eucalyptis oil might help...where does one buy this? Is it the regular 'essence' that once gets to freshen a room? Or something special for medicinal purposes?

Finally (whew!) can one buy Baby Vicks in Watsons?

Oh and also, my baby is teething and I know there's a gel that can help sooth the gums. What's it called and again is it available in Watsons (my local Watsons assistants are all Chinese speakers so easier to explain if I can just give a brand name, same with the Chinese dispensaries).

peachylin is offline Registered User
    Hi, I got the humidifier-vaporizer, eucalyptus oil and teething gel from Bumps to Babes just last week. They would likely still have these.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

bonita is offline Registered User
    I bought my humidifiers at fortress. They are also available at other electronic stores like broadway or home appliances department of Sogo, wing on etc. My humidifier generates cool mist. I just add the oil to the water tank.

Cherry flavored Vicks for kids is available at watsons and mannings. If your kid doesn't like gooey stuff on skin, you can buy Madame Pearl's BreathEasy Patch which sticks to pajamas/shirt and releases eucalyptus.

Oh thanks guys... will look out in Mannings then and my husband can get the rest from Central on Monday.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    fortress, but careful with the essential oils, better read up first, heard some are not suitable for children

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    You can get the small humidifier in fortress or small facial steamer from the Indian stores in Chungking mansion in TST. You can put in some eucalyptus oil or Olbas oil available in watsons on to the clothes when they sleep. It helps them breathe easily thru the night.
    The children's Vicks is available at watsons and manning and is called mentholatum cherry balm.

Thanks! We got a facial steamer from a local place. I saw the cherry mentholeum... but the box says for kids over 2 so conflicted over whether to use it. Thinking I'll give eucalyptus on clothes a go.

miran is offline Registered User
    Fortress too... They have a okish range.