Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cow & Gate - UK vs HK

cake2273 is offline Registered User

Cow & Gate - UK vs HK

Hi, I have a 1 month old baby and have recently started formula feeding. (I was breast feeding but had some complications so now need to formula feed).

What is the difference between the Cow & Gate formula imported from the UK vs the one here in HK? Is one better than the other? Is there a better formula?

I'm new to the whole bottle feeding concept so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Nielsen's is offline Registered User

If you go to Bumps to babes it is imported from the UK as far as I know. To be perfectly honest I would never buy formula out here unless it was imported however we have only been here for 6 months and I am sure people who have lived here for longer has a different view.

charade is offline Registered User

I've used Cow and Gate for my son since we started supplementing breastmilk at around 3 months. I chose it because it was the one they fed him once at the public hospital we delivered at. The note from the Hospital Authority said that they rotate the formula since they find all to be pretty much the same. Since he had already had that once with no adverse reaction we stuck with it.

Most things in Hong Kong are imported. The Cow and Gate we use is manufactured in Indonesia under a license from Holland.

One thing to keep in mind in choosing a formula is whether the supermarkets near you stock it and whether it tends to run out.

cake2273 is offline Registered User

Thanks for your replies. :o)