Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner

Cooking is offline Registered User

The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner

Hello Ladies

Im Annabel Karmel and I'm here in Hong Kong your beautiful City. It is my second time here and I love it ! I met recently with Rani who started this fabulous website and hope to write some features for you from next year..I'd love to hear from you as to what topics you are interested in whether its First Foods, Myths and Truths of Weaning, Allergies or simply what you can do because your child just wont eat..

I'd also like to ask if any of you speak Chinese and understand what babies are fed in China. My book is translated into many languages but not Chinese and I would love to work with someone to understand the Chinese market better and how to adapt my books to use local produce so that they are available to Chinese mothers who want to cook fresh food for their baby.. If you are interested please let me know and we can discuss how we could work together .

Annabel x

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Wow! Amazing! Hi Annabel. We have your 100 Favourite family recipes and the toddler weaning book. I was wondering what you thought of baby led weaning and how it could fit with your style of weaning. I used your book for my first child but decided to try some baby led weaning with my second baby. It is definitely harder to get some of the things here, like swede and such, but other things, I've been able to work with.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    That's great ! thank you so much for your interest, we are also big fans of your recipies and tips !
    Being westerner, I agree with banane76, some products are quite hard to find here, but some others bring some new flavours, and are sometimes much tastier and cheaper than back in Europe (mangos, pineapple...).
    I find it hard (but it's ME) to find enough time to prepare a different meal everyday, with a toddler who doesn't want any mixed food or sauce or soup or spice etc... and a 16 months old little girl who could swallow anything, any idea and tip to prepare a quick diner to share would be my dream recipie.
    Can't wait to read more, enjoy Hong Kong !

carang is offline Registered User
    welcome to hong kong! i recommend your books to everyone! but i do agree that some of the ingredients aren't readily available or if they are they are ridiculously expensive.

would be happy to take you out for some real chinese food (i'm not chinese, but married into it;)), to give you a taste of the "real" hong kong!

rani is offline Administrator
    Thx ladies for replying to Annabel. She should be on her way back to the uk. I'm sure she will reply you as soon as she can.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

carang is offline Registered User
    oh, i thought she was here for more than a few hours! too bad....

rani is offline Administrator
    She arrived earlier in the week. She loves HK so we should see her back soon.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

bonita is offline Registered User
    Annabel, we love your book and your recipes. I do substitute some ingredients with local produce though. I'm local Chinese from hong kong and would love to help you.
    - Bonita

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast