Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Female OBGYN

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I liked Dr Grace Cheung but I think she is one of the ones that is super busy

b_gabi is offline Registered User

Dr may mok is really good and nice

LOJITT is offline Registered User

I would start with where you want to deliver and work backwards as not all the Obs deliver at all the hospitals. If you want Matilda, go Lucy Lord or Grace Chueng as they are more likely to be able to get you in as I think, between them, they do something like 30% of all deliveries there. It sounds from your OP that you're intending to deliver privately, but just be aware that if you go to the public hospital for delivery, many of the private Obs won't do the ante-natal care.

I had Lucy. She is excellent, but she is busy, and to make her clinics run to time (the longest I ever had to wait past appt time was 20 mins) she is "to the point" so to patients who like to talk through everything at length, she might not be the first choice. However, in terms of the actual delivery I cannot fault her. I had a very positive birth experience.

fusciaskies is offline Registered User

Rani, do you know why Dr Ferguson is not delivering at Matilda at the moment? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Dr Ferguson, is not delivering at the moment. You can call her office to confirm. I think she is only doing prenatal care.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Heard she's been banned there too..for something similar to wht happened at Adventist...can't confirm though just hearsay...

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    http://medicallicenseverification.co...tting-midwife/

This seems to be the story regarding Dr Sally Ferguson.

claresaunders is offline Registered User

My husband i are expecting our first baby in Nov. At this stage we are still unsure on public or private but we have made a visit to doctor Catherine Cheung. Because we are new to HK from Sydney, just wondering if there is any good doctor you can recommend?
    Also we are thinking to go to QMH as it's the best hospital in HK in case there is any issues with the labour. However, i am a bit concerned on not able to see one doctor throughout the pregency, does anyone know any good doctor in QMH i can see throughout the whole period?

charade is offline Registered User

I saw Catherine Cheung for an issue not related to pregnancy and found her quite abrupt. Among the female doctors people recommend is Grace Cheung at Central Health. I didn't not see her myself, I saw male gynacs throughout :)

If you plan to go through the public stream at QMH, you will not be able to choose your doctor. Having delivered two babies at another public hospital, I can say that this is not a big deal. If your delivery is smooth you barely see the doctor anyway. You would need to live in the QMH catchment area to be eligable to deliver there, though some get around this by using the address of relatives or by getting a doctor to write a letter explaining that you are high risk.

You could also deliver privately at QMH, in which case you would see the same doctor throughout. However, you would pay private costs for antenatal care and delivery. Can't help with a doctor reccomendation there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast