Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Female OBGYN

claresaunders is offline Registered User

really...i have emailed their clinic, they asked me to fill in some forms already but i have not heard anything further yet. This was last week. If it's too late, i might have to go to QMH in that case...any suggestions?

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Clare - if I was you, I would just call Central Health and ask if Lucy or Grace are taking on new patients and when you would be able to make the first appointment. Depending on how far along you are now, you need to make a booking with a private hospital as soon as possible if you want to keep that option open. Its been a couple of years since I went through the process but then you needed to register by 8-9 weeks at Matilda and pay a deposit by the 20 week mark. So if this is still the case, you'd need to decide by the 20 week mark whether you were going private vs public.

Unless you have comprehensive insurance cover for maternity costs, it is worth checking the various prices for the different private hospitals so you go in prepared. In general, private hospitals are expensive for maternity but the prices do differ a little between Matilda, Adventist and Canossa (there are other private hospitals but I am not familiar with their prices). I only had partial insurance cover and was conscious of how much I would need to pay myself.

Last edited by starbucks2; 04-11-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks a lot for the advices. I have called up the clinic and explained my situation. The receptionist told me they will be in contact with me soon for either Lucy or Grace so finger acrossed. I have booked doctor Mok as well and i think she is also quite good. I just want to be fully covered :) Thanks very much for your advice.

missprincepessa is offline Registered User

I am with Dr Lord and pretty happy. BUT, i am a 3rd timer and dont have all the questions of a first time mum. I'm not sure how i'd feel about her if i was a FTM. Still, for me she is great. AND always on time!! (i had a male OB last time who was up to 5 hours late at times....)

sfolola is offline Registered User

Dr May Mok has a wonderful bedside manner and has made my husband and I feel at ease throughout this, our first, pregnancy. I would definitely recommend her. I am delivering at Matilda, btw.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by missprincepessa View Post
    I am with Dr Lord and pretty happy. BUT, i am a 3rd timer and dont have all the questions of a first time mum. I'm not sure how i'd feel about her if i was a FTM. Still, for me she is great. AND always on time!! (i had a male OB last time who was up to 5 hours late at times....)
    I've seen her twice (post-babies, I had mine abroad), and she was horribly late, rushed and unfriendly. I know she has a great reputation medically speaking but that's about it. Never again.

Thanks for sharing the all the Experiences! It's quite handy to first time mums in HK (not only new to HK but also new to pregency)...
    Dr Lucy - Medical experience is sound but Service might not be great
    Dr Grace - She is fully booked
    Dr Mok - I dont know if she is very experienced as i did a qualification check, she only started practising in 2007 which has only been a few years...Should i be concerned?

rani is offline Administrator

If you're interested in prenatal care only and will deliver at one of the public hospitals, then try Sally Ferguson. I believe she is still seeing patients, but not delivering.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast