- 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
looking for helper - starting in Feb
Hi - I am new to this Forum. Had a look through some of the threads. Currently living in Shanghai. Moving to HK just after CNY. My husband and I will be both working full time. Travelling involved. We have a 2.5 year old daughter. I do have already a kindergarten space for her. We will be living somewhere around Mid-Levels I guess. We are looking for a helper, who can take care of our daughter and do also domestic tasks (cleaning, laundry, ironing, shopping, basic cooking). My daughters first language is Mandarin. I speak Mandarin, but our family language is English. I have already contacted Arrow. I understand that is an agency everyone recommends. Coming from Shanghai, I am a bit surprised that I have to recruit a helper from abroad. Aren't there not enough available in HK? I would prefer somebody, who has already some local experience... Is that too much to ask? Anyone leaving HK in January and can recommend its helper? Any input is appreciated. Thanks C
- 11-14-2011, 05:54 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
Helpers from the Philippines, Indonesia etc. are common in HK because there's not enough local supply to meet demand. However, many of these foreign domestic helpers have worked in HK for a long time and it should be possible for the agency to find you someone who is already working in HK and has been for a while.
I think the HK government also provides a service of matching local Chinese women with employers but not sure of the details of this one.
- By MamaTjops in forum Babies Born in 2011Replies: 60Last Post: 09-11-2011, 12:32 PM
- By cwbmum in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2008, 02:16 PM
- By donkey in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2007, 12:45 PM
- By ctrbabe1 in forum Babies Born in 2007Replies: 3Last Post: 04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
- By beetle888 in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-17-2007, 09:36 AM