Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ka mei chicken- online order and delivery

lorraine is offline Registered User

oh cool! well, maybe you should go for 'free range' chicken instead then. but i find buying chicken at wet markets are usually much fresher and you get to choose the size of your chicken!

creamsicle is offline Registered User

HK$178 for a Ka Mei chicken sounds fair. The ones from the wet market cost HK$160+.
    I buy Ka Mei chicken because I have a little girl, and the chicken feeds are supposed to be free from estrogen additives which over time affect children in their puberty.
    Ka Mei chicken is a breed developed by the University of HK and KAdoorie Farm. The Ka Mei chicken farms must be specially licensed, and there are rules on raising the chickens , e.g. what feeds to give.
    Since the plastic identification tag at the foot is easily replicable, I would not be surprised if there are fake ones ...

I'm interested to know if anyone's ordered online, and how's the chicken? It sure saves a lot of trouble.

trttrt is offline Registered User

Sounds like it's a decent deal then. Currently I am getting the lilydale free-range chicken from Australia. It's available at the park n shop int'l at my place. It's really tender and yummy but I suppose the chicken must have been dead for awhile. Like to try something fresher! :)

If you prefer the more tasty free-range chicken, Kadoorie Farm also has a new breed called Kong Bo chicken. I use this for boiling soup and KM for chicken dishes.

Biggie is offline Registered User

The fresh local chicken are yummier for me, but my toddler only likes the american chicken breast/thighs from supermarket, because those are much softer. The local chicken is a bit tougher and has less meat, also more work to clean and chop.

trttrt is offline Registered User

Update: ordered from wooping.com.hk last evening. Called them to verify but had no response. This morning at 9am, they called and said they were delivering and will be over in 5mins!
    Chicken arrived, nicely cut into 8 pieces. No head and bishop's nose as per my request. Clean and convenient. Just had it for lunch and it was yummy!
    Also ordered some pork to get the total above 200. Will try it maybe tomorrow.

Thank you trttrt for the update. Will order one tonite!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12