Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Hospitals to give birth in

Tasha2303 is offline Registered User

Wink Hospitals to give birth in

Hi,

We are moving to Hong Kong in feb and our baby is due in may. Hoping to live in discovery bay.
    Can any one recommend a good hospital to give birth in. Matilda looks amazing but by the time we get there I don't know if there will be places left.
    Any experiences good or bad or recommendations would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks : )

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i would find a doc quickly and secure a booking fast. do you have any friends in HK that would be able to recommend a good OBGYN? will you be in HK before Feb? i've delivered in 3 different hospitals: Matilda, Adventist and HK Sanatorium. If you are planning to live in DB, the closest one would probably be Canossa (though I have no experience there). As for the ones I have experience with, I feel that HK Sanatorium was the best. The rooms are comparable to Matilda but more modern in style...and the prenatal baby care there (in terms of equipment in the case of emergencies) is better than Matilda. Matilda was great but for me it was kind of far (I lived in the south side back then).

volospin is offline Registered User
    My wife gave birth in Matilda while move into their service apartment next to their hospital days before giving birth to my daughter.

So I think where you live is not an issue.

Our doctor is Rogers.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using GeoClicks Mobile

burrcl is offline Registered User
    I gave birth in the Canossa (private room) and would very happily go back there if we have another.

To be honest though, you may struggle to get a place at any private hospital as I've been told that apparently next year will be a 'busy' year for births as it is the year of the Dragon and this is a revered sign to have.

carang is offline Registered User
    gosh, are we back to dragon again!?!?!?! seems like only yesterday we had the same "wave" of births!

Tasha2303 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the advice. I've spoken to Matilda and they are fully booked! Arhhh. I will look into the other mentioned. I haven't made any friends yet and the few we have haven't given birth in hong kong. It's quite a scary thought really. Does anyone know what the public hospitals are like if we can not go private?
    Thanks again

Zoska is offline Registered User
    My friend moved to hong kong when she was 4/5 month pregnant and still manage to get spot in Matilda. Once you move go and see doctor who delivers there and speak to them what are your chances to getting a space. Good luck!