Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2012hkbaby

Looking for a live out helper with newborn experience to work in mid levels

2012hkbaby is offline Registered User

Looking for a live out helper with newborn experience to work in mid levels

Hi, my husband and I are expecting our first baby in march and are looking for a full time live out helper to start work with us in midlevels from January next year. We've been living in hk for 1.5 years but have only used a part time cleaner so far. Any tips on how to go about finding a FT helper would be gratefully received!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device
    ElsaNicolas likes this.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Personally if you can get recommendations from your friends helpers that would be the "safest" in a sense because the helpers you'd be interviewing have already been screened in a sense by someone you trust or at the very least knows a bit about what you ate looking for/ what you are like in terms of an employer and so make the screening process more easier. Another suggestion would be to hire a relative of a helper you find decent...might be a bit more challenging... Going through the agencies is the mist straight forward way, however nit necessarily the easiest. Good luck!

birch is offline Registered User
    We found our helper on Asia Expat and she has been fantastic. I was expecting our third child when I interviewed her to work with us and I really wanted someone who I felt would be great with my children and with a newborn baby. She actually didn't have experience looking after someone elses newborn baby but she is a mother herself and I just knew she would be good and she has been amazing. Maybe you could have a look on there. I would also do what lesliefu has said and ask around and see if there are any recommendations from friends. Make sure you ask for references and phone them to see what they are like.
    All the best!

2012hkbaby is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the advice -much appreciated!
    Posted via Mobile Device