Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Your favourite toy stores

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    as with everything else in hk, you have to know your prices (and what is available where).... for some things, toys'r'us is ok (but generally, i don't like their quality). for some things b2b is better. for others toys club....

you are talking to someone who spends over $30,000HKD/year on toys...sometimes more....if you include the two centres and my own kids!
    Yes, it's called comparison shopping. Actually, at Toys Club, the section I really liked was the "gag toy" or small gift section as they had like mini toys for about 15 HKD--they are at least 20-40 HKD at Toys R Us and there was a lot more selection. For example, I bought my son a cute little magnet set, some silly frogs that stick to things and a flashlight you can use to project animal pictures on a wall (that was about 25-30 HKD) and all were decent quality--actually better quality than Toys R Us offers. Would be a great place to buy "stocking stuffers" for Christmas, I think. But, for bigger toys I would probably not be buying them there.

If you have a specific toy in mind, it's a good idea to call around and compare prices.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

penguinsix is offline Registered User
    Toy Street in Wanchai. 6 stores all filled to the brim with stuff usually at a considerable savings vs. Toys R Us.

http://www.tranews.com/Show/Style200...jectNo=3237944

I also like Jusco and Apita toy sections out at CityPlaza in TaiKoo.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I think ELC in Prince's Building is good too, although the shop is quite small. And they already have some of their toys on sale which is nice before Christmas!

carang is offline Registered User
    i didn't know that elc had a store in prince's building... they also have one in megabox. i just consider them an extention of b2b....

Portia is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    i didn't know that elc had a store in prince's building... they also have one in megabox. i just consider them an extention of b2b....
    ELC is actually owned by Mothercare, which I guess is why it's located close to Mothercare in Prince's Building. I like it because they've usually got some good deals going on and they also carry some good Melissa and Doug items too.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    If you have a mother care discount card you get 15% off at ELC too :)

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    For ELC, if you know what you want, you can just order at any mothercare. We love ELC toys, and generally, if i like something on their website or their catalogue, i just go to the mothercare in shatin and place an order, they get the stuff within 2 days. They have all the prices on their website.

carang is offline Registered User
    i had no idea it was owned my mothercare. that being the case, how is it that b2b stocks so much of it? are the prices different at mothercare compared to b2b? i have a discount at b2b because i buy stuff for my schools, but nothing for mothercare.

thanks, for the news! i will definitely look into it!

do you mean go to the mothercare website or the elc website? or a different website altogether?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast