Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Air Traveling for a pregnant women plus public hospital news

sabasaqib is offline Registered User
    Dear ELE

Many many thanks for your kind info, much appreciated

Our first appointment with public hospital was on 8th nov but we had to move out on 5th nov so if we can explain to hospital guys abt it do u think there wont be any problem

As doc advised to make journey more comfortable we hv booked business class and going to see doctor today evening

Leta is offline Registered User
    Ur welcome Sabasaqib...
    Hope all will go well for you when you start traveling.

I really can't tell you much abt the arrangement for public and private hospital when come to delivery.. As I only goes to my private gynae for prenatal care. But I do agree that you shd start calling up the public hospital to check.. Or maybe even get in contact with some private gynaes as I know a lot of gynaes are pretty full.

Leta is offline Registered User
    Oh and like what Elle said pls ensure that u carry ur HK Id with you as the immigration has the right to stop you from entering as you are pregnant. :)

charade is offline Registered User
    The public hospital guys are not too fussed about people missing appointments but seem to insist on at least ONE before you deliver at a public hospital if you want to go straight to the delivery suite/maternity ward instead of Emergency. So if you can make it back to have that one appointment before you deliver it should be fine. What I was told by my MCH at Hang Hau is that if I choose to skip an appointment at the MCH, no need to call or anything to reschedule. They have their antenatal checks on one day of the week (Tuesday) so I should just turn up on a Tuesday with the old appointment slip. If you're appointments are at United Christian, the policy may be a little different but I don't think they will have a big problem with you having missed your appointment, as long as you get in an appointment before you go into labour - I think the rationale is to review your medical history etc. so the midwives and doctors are prepped when you go into labour. Take all your tests/scans/records from your private appointments and show them at your public appointments. They want as full a picture as they can get of your medical history.

Hi Charade

Many thanks for kind views

I am due to travel on this Saturday and will keep sharing with u guys as me and my husband both don't have any friends in HK we would require your assistance over here, I ll ask you guys here.

Hope all remains fine and our dream person will be in our lap soon.

Wish me luck !!!:)

Saba

Hi Ladies

I reached safely last Saturday and no body bothered to ask me abt pregnancy

We have new appointment on third january and they asked me to bring the sample of urine

So now i hope all nightmares r going away one by one but the last one stil remains will i get a good doctor at the time of delivery at united christian hospital

charade is offline Registered User
    Saba, Glad to hear you had no problems getting another appointment. When are you due? I delivered at United Christian last year so feel free to ask if you have specific questions.

If you have an uncomplicated delivery, it will be handled mostly by midwives with the doctor popping in only very irregularly. I have to say I was not pleased with the doctor when she did make an appearance. However, the midwives were great, experienced and very supportive.

If we believe doctors one doc said to be on third feb and second said 10 feb. So far i have had great pregnancy period with no complications at all
    All the tech who did ultrasounds found everything perfectly alright. Baby is growing perfectly inside. Dic also said that chances are bright for a normal delivery since my height is ideal for normal delivery
    I dont know if it matters or not

My mom in law ll join me on 23rd Dec and will remain with me till march

I would like to know from u very basic things that when i am due which ward or where i need to go
    Do they operate 24 hours
    What if doc is not available or she or he is day off

These silly thoughts r still with me and i know these r stupid :) but this is first pregnancy and me and my hubby are uite young 24 and 26 respectively but he always tries to calm me that thiusands of women deliver every month they do not go to mars
    All get operated here but i cannot stop thinking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast