Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

QUestion on Eugene Baby: Buying a BUgaboo Bee

missprincepessa is offline Registered User

QUestion on Eugene Baby: Buying a BUgaboo Bee

I stumbled across Eugene Baby store the other day, and if you join their 'club' for around $100hkd you get a permanent discount on their goods. So, it brings the Bugaboo bee down about about $600hkd compared with bumps to babes or Mother care. Just wondering what the 'catch' is with the store? ANyone joined the club and taken advantage of the discounts? I feel a little hesitant about it.

mrs
    mrs is offline Registered User
    if you join the Hong Kong pampers baby club online (it's free) they send you a temporary membership card for Eugene club that is valid for 4 mths. this is in addition to pampers brand diaper samples and discount coupons they send you in the mail. might be worth considering as an alternative. one thing to note is that the site is in Chinese so if you don't read Chinese you might need a friend to help you register (which is what I did).

bonita is offline Registered User
    I have been Eugene club member for 3 years. Good discount since their price can be a little high otherwise.
    P.s. Membership needs to be renewed every year

Leta is offline Registered User
    I am their members too. No catch at all. U jus have to pay that 100 bucks and u get to enjoy their members price for all items. U have to renew it yearly though...

JayJay is offline Registered User
    I know of 2 ways to enjoy member prices without paying the membership fee at Eugene Club.

1. If you spend over a certain amount, they give you a 1-year membership for free which you can use immediately. I don't remember the amount. I think it was about 3k. But ask the salespeople about it.

2. If you spend over $300 and use an HSBC credit card, you get 10% off which is often the VIP member price.

NewBunny is offline Registered User
    For Mothercare, you become a member after spending $3K (which could include discounted items) and its membership will give you 10% discount. I got my Bee after becoming a member. And I remember the Bee being back-ordered when I got mine - you may want to call & check on availability & price depending on when you need it.

I heard that bumps to babes offer membership discount - you can call to find out.

One last thing that I considered was which store I will continue to use most often - for other baby stuffs or big ticket items like car seat & bed.

missprincepessa is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone! $100hkd for a 10% discount on a bugaboo..sounds like a no-brainer!!(-:

damienmum is offline Registered User
    i will add something into the mix! I brought my bugaboo Bee from Bumps to Babes even though it cost $150 HKD more ,simply because B2B have excellent customer service compared to other baby shops in HK. This has proven to be invaluable as my Bugaboo Bee was one of the faulty batches. Bumps to Babes were brilliant in ordering the replacement wheels for me. I found whenever i went to the eugene club their customer service was not that great. I once spent 40 minutes waiting for someone to show me the Bugaboo Bee and even then she couldnt demonstrate it to me.

if you buy the bugaboo from bumpstobabes you automatically get the perpetual 7% discount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast