Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

QMH-Public Hospital requirements

supermom30 is offline Registered User

QMH-Public Hospital requirements

Hi- I registered myself at QMH on 21st week and have gone for couple of checkups in Tsan Yuk hospital.However, due to demanding work life,I haven't been able attend Antenatal checkups since its usually a 4 hr wait in the hospital. I have been visiting my private obg and have all checkups and tests done.Can someone pls tell me essential requirements for giving birth at QMH- as in number of checkups, if we need all details from private obg before getting admitted,essential details for their record book?

I can go for QMH checkup after 35thweek when i take i maternity leave- is that ok? how do i resume my checkups there?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Do you have an appointment slip for your next check up? You can always just call and reschedule - I did that a few times... If you could get test results etc from your private doc, take them along when you are on maternity leave and pass it on to them to add to your file - I'm sure it would be fine :)

carang is offline Registered User
    it's a public hospital, they cannot and will not turn you away, even if you've never had a single pre-natal check.

of course, that is to your detriment. as you get closer to your EDD, ask your private dr to provide you with a copy of all of your records. it is important for the hospital to know as much as possible about your case.

charade is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    it's a public hospital, they cannot and will not turn you away, even if you've never had a single pre-natal check.
    Are you sure you can go up to the maternity ward/delivery suite if you've never had a single appointment though? My understanding was that if you're not registered in the system you'd have to go to the emergency room, which is hardly what one would wish for.

carang is offline Registered User
    i'm not sure where you go, i just know they will NOT turn you away.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Emergency is probably where you'd end up...yes, and then transferred to the relevant dept.