Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

14 month year old HATES crib

AmyH is offline Registered User
    I think the gate will be making a re-appearance once the Christmas tree goes up next week. I have visions of waking up one morning with all presents unwrapped and her sitting on the top of the tree (she's a climber!)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    We just put our son on a twin mattress on the floor without a bed frame and then we purchased a fold-out foam mattress from some place like Price Rite and laid that beside him on the floor. He was probably 18-months-old when we did this but we could have easily done it when he was 12-months-old (we were just a bit slow/lazy about transitioning him). He never got hurt rolling out of bed. I think we will move his younger sister into his room when she's about a year old--also with a mattress on the floor or a trundle bed.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

genkimom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    We just put our son on a twin mattress on the floor without a bed frame and then we purchased a fold-out foam mattress from some place like Price Rite and laid that beside him on the floor. He was probably 18-months-old when we did this but we could have easily done it when he was 12-months-old (we were just a bit slow/lazy about transitioning him). He never got hurt rolling out of bed. I think we will move his younger sister into his room when she's about a year old--also with a mattress on the floor or a trundle bed.
    We did the same for our son who HATED his crib... we put him on a mattress on the floor and made sure the room itself was completely baby safe so if he roamed about in the middle of the night he couldn't hurt himself. We made sure to also baby proof the door knob so he couldn't roam about the entire apartment, and that worked until he was 3 and figured out how to work the baby proof door knob. Haha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12