Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Ovulation problem

meechan is offline Registered User

Ovulation problem

Hi,

I have been charting my temp and using Clearblue fertility monitor for 5 months and I am afraid that I may have ovulation problem. Any tests in the clinic that I should do to confirm whether I ovulate or not?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    The best thing to do would be to go see an obgyn. I was in a similar situation and the first thing that she did was to do an ultrasound of my ovaries etc. She found that I had some cysts that probably were the cause of my irregularity - but she said that in my situation, it wasn't severe enough that I couldn't conceive naturally. She told me to try for another few months before I started the more expensive tests. Fortunately for me, it did happen in those few months - after over a year of trying. 5 months sounds like a long time, but really it's just 5 cycles, 5 chances that didn't work for various reasons. Just because 5 times it didn't work doesn't mean that it CAN'T work... hang in there :)
    rebekah likes this.

I'm now having my period (1st day). When is the best time I should go for the obgyn?

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    I would recommend that you call your obgyn as soon as possible as most of them are quite busy. A good obgyn can definitely help you identify what the potential issue is.

Any good female obgyn recommendation?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I would make a trip to the OBGYN about 10-14 days after the end of my period (or whatever the mid-way point of your own cycle is--if you have a 28-day cycle--go in on day 14--my cycles are long and have been since children--about 35-40 days)--you'll be right about the time when ovulation "usually" (you can't actually say "usually" because literally every woman is different--it's more like an average statistic) is scheduled to happen. If the issue is ovulation, then if the doctor is using ultrasound they can look at the condition of the ovaries and what exactly is/is not happening. Before you go in, I would sit down and think about all the factors in your life that might be preventing pregnancy--you need also to factor in your husband/boyfriend/partner--his health matters too even if you don't think the primary issue is with him. Also think about your own lifestyle (work, sleep, diet, stress levels). I would just write down some notes and also any questions you might have--that way you can be involved in the process more.

As far as female OBGYNs...unfortunately I've had next to no luck with finding a good one of those--the ones I've seen I absolutely would not recommend again. I'm sure you can find a lot of OBGYN recommendations on this site, though.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

rebekah is offline Registered User
    I would call and ask them to advise you, my Gyn wanted to see me on the third day of my cycle to evaluate for cysts, so I would call now and ask them.

Thank you, guys for giving me so much advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast