Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Tummy Tuck in Hong Kong

  1. #9
    MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    485
    I had mine done early 2010, almost 2 years ago by Dr. Hui in Mathilda (he's indeed in Bank of America tower). I had mine completely covered by insurance as there was a medical indication. I had a large (7 cm) separation between my abdominal muscles as a result of 2 pregnancies (I had twins the second time, they were born at 38 weeks + and weighed 7 kg combined). I also have a mesh placed since my abdominal muscles were completely ruined. I had major back problems and things have definitely improved over the past 2 years. It looks very very good, hardly any scarring. It was sooooo worth it, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanka2 You can pm me for more information. I know more than 5 people who had it done, and after care is also very good. I had no complications.

  2. #10
    Gracey is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    534
    Just curious, how much is a tummy tuck in HK?

  3. #11
    thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by MommyTo3 View Post
    I had mine done early 2010, almost 2 years ago by Dr. Hui in Mathilda (he's indeed in Bank of America tower). I had mine completely covered by insurance as there was a medical indication. I had a large (7 cm) separation between my abdominal muscles as a result of 2 pregnancies (I had twins the second time, they were born at 38 weeks + and weighed 7 kg combined). I also have a mesh placed since my abdominal muscles were completely ruined. I had major back problems and things have definitely improved over the past 2 years. It looks very very good, hardly any scarring. It was sooooo worth it, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanka2 You can pm me for more information. I know more than 5 people who had it done, and after care is also very good. I had no complications.

    Thanks for sharing your story with me Mommyto3. I don't think my tummy tuck would be "medical indicated"--in that my condition isn't bad enough to warrant the surgery--although I also have really bad back problems that have been made worse by my condition. But, for sure, my insurance won't cover it. That's fine, though...I'll just save the money and get it done as I'm not getting it done immediately.

    Glad to hear Matilda is a good place to go but I don't think I will be able to afford to have it done there if I'm paying out-of-pocket. I'm glad you had a good experience. I'm a little concerned because with both births I had considerable bleeding problems...first time I lost a lot of blood and the second time I lost a lot but not as much because they were prepared to stop the bleeding in case it happened. So, one of the risks with this surgery is blood loss. Also, I'm really sensitive to medication. Doesn't take much to "put me under" when it comes to anesthesia so I'm concerned that there might be issues with that. So, I'm still weighing my personal issues against the benefits of having it done. Surgery means risk, I think and it's hard to think about the possibility of losing my life in surgery--even though this is rare. Anyway, would love to have a better stomach eventually. :)
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

    ~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

    Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

  4. #12
    j-shmoove is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Repulse Bay
    Posts
    1
    I just had a tummy tuck wit Mummies&Bellies and I must say I loved it!!! I had a 10 days package. Sandy (the masseuse) came every day to my place, massaged me and tucked me in. I still have a belly, but no comparison to before the treatment. I can highly recommend Jessica and Sandy from Mummies&Bellies. It is so worth it. I started it 4 weeks after a c-section and I looked forward everyday to the massage!

  5. #13
    thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by j-shmoove View Post
    I just had a tummy tuck wit Mummies&Bellies and I must say I loved it!!! I had a 10 days package. Sandy (the masseuse) came every day to my place, massaged me and tucked me in. I still have a belly, but no comparison to before the treatment. I can highly recommend Jessica and Sandy from Mummies&Bellies. It is so worth it. I started it 4 weeks after a c-section and I looked forward everyday to the massage!
    I think you're mistaking post-natal massage for this.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

    ~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

    Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

  6. #14
    MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story with me Mommyto3. I don't think my tummy tuck would be "medical indicated"--in that my condition isn't bad enough to warrant the surgery--although I also have really bad back problems that have been made worse by my condition. But, for sure, my insurance won't cover it. That's fine, though...I'll just save the money and get it done as I'm not getting it done immediately.

    Glad to hear Matilda is a good place to go but I don't think I will be able to afford to have it done there if I'm paying out-of-pocket. I'm glad you had a good experience. I'm a little concerned because with both births I had considerable bleeding problems...first time I lost a lot of blood and the second time I lost a lot but not as much because they were prepared to stop the bleeding in case it happened. So, one of the risks with this surgery is blood loss. Also, I'm really sensitive to medication. Doesn't take much to "put me under" when it comes to anesthesia so I'm concerned that there might be issues with that. So, I'm still weighing my personal issues against the benefits of having it done. Surgery means risk, I think and it's hard to think about the possibility of losing my life in surgery--even though this is rare. Anyway, would love to have a better stomach eventually. :)
    The medical indication will depend on the separation, if any. Most of my friends had it covered to quite an extent with gaps of 5 cm plus. It's worth just checking out. Consult is $800 or $900 if not mistaken. Can't hurt. Then at least you know what you're looking at, discuss it with insurance, etc.

  7. #15
    thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by MommyTo3 View Post
    The medical indication will depend on the separation, if any. Most of my friends had it covered to quite an extent with gaps of 5 cm plus. It's worth just checking out. Consult is $800 or $900 if not mistaken. Can't hurt. Then at least you know what you're looking at, discuss it with insurance, etc.
    My insurance doesn't cover anything except life-threatening, emergency conditions. So, things like heart problems where I need to be hospitalized or car accidents etc. Definitely nothing that is either caused by or related to pregnancy. Insurance also doesn't cover any prenatal care or birth etc. It's awesome that your insurance covers conditions like this. I don't think we could afford to pay for the type of insurance that does, though and my employer doesn't cover it so....
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

    ~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

    Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

  8. #16
    MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    My insurance doesn't cover anything except life-threatening, emergency conditions. So, things like heart problems where I need to be hospitalized or car accidents etc. Definitely nothing that is either caused by or related to pregnancy. Insurance also doesn't cover any prenatal care or birth etc. It's awesome that your insurance covers conditions like this. I don't think we could afford to pay for the type of insurance that does, though and my employer doesn't cover it so....
    Understand. I am not even sure about our current insurance, this was a company policy before. We don't have maternal cover either, but I have 1 more than planned anyway ;), so no more. Please note that abdominal separation / hernia isn't necessarily related to pregnancy. Men can have it too. It can be life threatening as well if not treated and the condition continues to worsen. There is no way to prove it's related to pregnancy, in my case, highly likely, but no guarantee for sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New in Hong Kong, help!!
    By carolyndrewery in forum Playgroups
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
  2. ELC Hong Kong
    By karen bt in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
  3. tummy tuck
    By karishmaviral in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
  5. tummy tuck after c section
    By malini in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Scroll to top