Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Tummy Tuck in Hong Kong

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Tummy Tuck in Hong Kong

Has anyone here had a tummy tuck in Hong Kong after pregnancy. Where did you go and who did you see? Would you please share your story with me?

Thanks!
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    I have a friend who has had one here. She saw dr hui in bank of America tower. I'm considering going to see him for a consult myself!
    She was really pleased with the results.

carang is offline Registered User
    thanka, i would strongly suggest you consider Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok. It is american owned and managed. the cost will be a fraction of what it is in hk and the doctors are great as it is a top notch international hospital (think: matilda)
    thanka2 likes this.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    Cara I've been tempted by the Bangkok option too but not sure how to go about getting recommendation for a specific dr. For every positive story there are a dozen horror stories.

carang is offline Registered User
    i'd contact bumrungrad hospital itself. they can assign you a doctor on staff. i've never heard any horror stories coming out of that hospital (now, there may be some, but i haven't heard of them).

i took my son there for getting his teeth fixed. the dentist we saw was fantastic. i know people who had their eyes done (they have since moved back to the uk) and were extremely happy with the results. my aunt consulted them for a few issues, but decided to stick with hong kong as it was easier logistically for her.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    If you are considering a medical trip to Bangkok, you should also check out http://www.samitivejhospitals.com

Service at the same level or even better than Bumrungrad but at lower cost.
    Kind of like Sanitorium vs Matilda in Hong Kong. You pay thru the nose at Matilda but you dont get much better than Sanitorium.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for the tips. Will keep it in mind. I don't think we're done having children yet so I'll have to wait a little while but I think it's good for me to start saving and planning to do it because I have made really good strides in my health recently and this makes me think I "deserve" to have my tummy back in the condition it was once in--wish that there was a way to do that without a tummy tuck--I can get close with exercise and diet and it's definitely moving in that direction but to get rid of the bulge from my rather large pregnancies and the excess skin will require surgery, actually. Thanks again.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Thanka -- I had a full-body check-up at Bumrungrad, since it was so expensive in HK and my insurance doesn't cover it. The service was efficient and professional. I've also had several friends get operations there, both big and small, and one who has done long-term rehab. All have come back with good reports.
    Some of the nurses may not have perfect English, but it is top-notch care for a fraction of HK prices.
    thanka2 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast