Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

birthday party at public play ground

miran is offline Registered User

birthday party at public play ground

Hi All,

We are planning to hold our son's third birthday party at Pok Fu Lam playground. The plan is to call 20 or so of his freinds and let them play for an hour or so at children's playarea. Then cut a cake (in the canopy eating area) and have a few snacks. The park is not crowded on most days and is quite big.

Has anyone done this ? I know Mt Austin is a popular venue but is it ok to have a birthday party at any public playground ? Are any permissions required ? Tried speaking with LCSD but could explain in english.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks !

charade is offline Registered User
    Technically, I don't see why not and I think trying to get special permissions would just complicate things. The park is for kids to play and if they are playing, don't think there can be objections just because they are a big group or have party hats on. But there may be restrictions on food in the park so check that...parks in HK have some weird restrictions.

heidikan is offline Registered User
    It should be ok. I have friends holding birthday party at public park at Happy Valley. It was so much fun as some other kids would just join in and make the group having more fun and not to mention to get to know some new friends for your kid.

Have fun and ... Happy birthday!!

Thanks Charade and Heidikan :)

yonge is offline Registered User
    How did it go? Did you encounter any problems holding the party at a public playground? I'm thinking of holding a party at either the Fortress Hill Road playground near our home or the Cloudview Road Reservoir Playground. Wondering if we will encounter any problems. Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    we're going to a party at a public playground in sai kung. i don't see how it can cause problems. not any different than the FDHs that gather in such places on sunday. it is a public playground afterall... open to the public

yonge: we had to move it indoors to our home last minute due to rain. but my husband's colleague spoke with concerned govt department (i forget the name exactly but details are displayed in all parks) in cantonese. she was told that we could ofcourse have a birthday party in the park but for kid's safety be sure to place adults at all exit points. they were a bit surprised at venue choice, since it wont be "exclusive'. but there were no objections.