Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Little amniotic fluid

JL168 is offline Registered User

Little amniotic fluid

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know whether here are people here who have experience with a decrease in amniotic fluid during their 37th week. And on top of that, the baby is on the small side as well (only 2.3kg). Shouldn't a baby be at least around 2.9kg in the last 3weeks? Might be that I'm just too worried over nothing!

My obgyn told me she might induce labour next week if the fluid stays this low. Has anyone have their waters broken (in a non-naturally way)? Any experience is welcome, thanks heaps!

meimeid is offline Registered User

Hi JL168,

I had the same and was a bit worried as well, but eventually it turned out alright. At birth my son was 2680 grams. A bit small, but on the bright side the delivery was fairly easy ;-)
    It's good to know they can be a bit off with the weight, because the ultrasound is not 100% accurate. They estimated my bub would be 2400 grams.
    Medically if a baby is less than 2500 grams at birth they call it a low birth weight.

My obgyn closely monitored the amount of fluid and the growth of the baby during the last weeks. I wasn't induced until 41 weeks gestation. My water was broken by the obgyn. Personally I wasn't bothered by it, but I didn't like this IV with oxytocin they give you to speed things up.

You will give birth in Belgium right? I am sure you can trust the judgement of your obgyn, normally they are more pro-natural in Europe, so if it is not necessary they won't induce.

So in short, don't worry too much, relaxing might even be helpful to prolong your pregnancy.

If there is anything specific you would like to know, just pm me.

Good luck with everything!

Last edited by meimeid; 01-04-2012 at 04:29 AM.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

My amniotic fluid was low for my 1st pregnancy and the doctor didn't induce early which was not good...sounds like you're in good hands so I won't worry if I were you...everything will be just fine.

Good luck with everything!