Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ESF K1 PM Session

Obiwan is offline Registered User

ESF K1 PM Session

We have been offered an pm session placement at ESF. The pm allotment is a random generation by the computer to ensure fairness and cannot be changed. The session will be from 12.30 - 3.30, right where my child takes her pm nap.

Any experience how easy / difficult to adjust the sleep routine to facilitate this switch? She has been used to am sessions at prenursery. Would obviously prefer her to be well rested otherwise she will be super cranky at school!!

lalligirl is offline Registered User

I can't answer your question directly, as my daughter had already given up naps before K1 started...however i know of at least one girl in my daughter's pm class who only went to school three days a week in the beginning while she got used to not having a nap (or perhaps switching her naps around...not entirely sure)...maybe that's an option worth considering. Also, if you'd prefer her to be in the morning class, get her on the waiting list asap - i'm not sure which esf you're at, but my friend put her daughter's name on the AM waiting list as soon as she could, and ended up being number 1 in line & got a place before the school term started (at Abacus).

mcdill is offline Registered User

Obiwan, I am in the same situation. I am hoping that by that time she will wake up later and either (1) drop her afternoon nap or (2) have a later nap, possibly on the way home.

aadu is offline Registered User

hi obiwan ..Yes u get her for waiting list coz there are many who prefers pm batch..so the school authority can switch timings..

I know the contrary. Most pp prefer am to pm sessions. Anyway am told that if a place frees up we need a medical reason to change session

lalligirl is offline Registered User

that's so odd...what kind of medical reason would mean that you'd need to change sessions?! at abacus, it's definitely true that people prefer am to pm session. might be different at different schools. which esf is it?

Tsing Yi. It's the same in TY, strong preference for morning session vs afternoon.

The principle's daughter also got drawn the pm session.

I asked what medical reasons there could be. They said, eg get a letter from the doctor to say the kid has schedule therapy sessions in the afternoon and hence can only attend the morning sessions. They have repeatedly said that save for medical reason, they will be consider any switches (to ensure fairness of allocation).

My child is normal so i'll just tell them the truth (my preference) and see what happens next.