Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kcis k1

Lemontea is offline Registered User

I'm just worried my kid is not ready for interview. Any suggestions? Pls and thx!
    Posted via Mobile Device

littleho is offline Registered User

Apply as many schools as you can. There are many good schools out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemontea View Post
    I'm just worried my kid is not ready for interview. Any suggestions? Pls and thx!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Lemontea is offline Registered User

So my kid currently 2 yrs 2 months should start applying now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

littleho is offline Registered User

Yes, just submit an application form with $500 (for last year). Meanwhile, you should do some research on other schools (both through-train schools and kindergartens). Depending on your budgets and requirements, some of the good ones are CIS, GSIS, Canadian IS, ESF and Sinagpore IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemontea View Post
    So my kid currently 2 yrs 2 months should start applying now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

laminkins is offline Registered User

hi hkmomof2

my son has just turned 2 years old and we had our KCIS interview yesterday. firstly, just fyi, the waiting list cannot be as long as people think, I only applied very recently (it had slipped my mind to apply), so dont worry about how ''late' 'you may be now, if they like what you write on the form, they will interview you.

for some bizarre reason, i never liked the sounds of the school, but since application is only 500 bucks, i applied anyway. we went yesterday, i totally liked it. the school ground isnt fancy (in fact rather old, but then kid has been going to Highgate, so i think it's unfair to compare, since HG is breathtakingly beautiful) and location is very inconvenient. classrooms were very warmly decorated and not cramped. teachers seemed very kind and helpful and surprisingly my kid seemed to like the place (we went for an interview at victoria a few weeks back and he went berseck as he instantenously hated the campus and people there)

anyway, i believe our kids are about the same age, and i spent quite a bit of time on applications/ school research lately. my mentality is to find a place for him to be happy and learn about life/ being a good person rather than excelling academically (i, myself, excelled academically, but have been stuck in this horrible banking job since graduation; so i dont place much emphasis on academic achievement); if you are of the same mentality, do PM me and I can share with you more of my findings.

Jomama is offline Registered User

Hi laminkins, my son just turned 2 this month as well, and I'm going berserk over the whole school application song and dance, and have been applying for schools left right and centre. KCIS, however, is not one of the schools I applied for, probably because of its odd name as well. Maybe I should quickly fill in their application...?

I agree that academics should not be the emphasis at this young an age. There are so many more important attributes they need to develop at this golden period. That put choosing a good school all the more difficult; how to balance a good Kindie program with the school's future prospects etc. I'd love to hear your sharings. Feel free to PM me :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12