Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anyone know of any good yoga classes for pregnant women?

hongkongcic is offline Registered User

I have gone to the prenatal classes at Matilda (http://www.matilda.org/en/wellness-p...tness-classes-) and Flex (http://flexhk.com/) in Aberdeen. Matilda feels more like a birth prep "workout" with soft music, etc. and Flex is a fitness studio. Pure Yoga by Times Square also does prenatal classes a few times a week, but I haven't been there yet.

missprincepessa is offline Registered User

Be careful of the Yoga Room. I did a trial there and while the class itself was awesome, the sales people are di*k heads and will push you no end to sign up. When i told the sales guy i wanted to see my physio regarding joining up for yoga he laughed at me and said 'with yoga you will not need physio'. So irresponsible and oh so arrogant!!! I had spine surgery 6 months prior.
    I've also tried Pure Yoga which is great, but expensive (will only allow contracts).

hknar is offline Registered User

Hi, I am 25th week and attending yoga class in central. Instructor is Mr.Alvin and there are only two students including me in pre natal class on every Monday:) yoga room is clean and spacious, moreover it really helped me to calm down and be relaxed..
    Posted via Mobile Device

gummibears is offline Registered User

A bit late here, but I agree with MissPrincepessa, about the Yoga Room. They're still too pushy for the "sale" (tho *maybe* a tad less pushy than what I've seen at some other local small & unprofessional yoga studios) -which always worries & annoys me, and they had the "hidden cost" of a joining fee that they'll only mention after the trial class. It's a shame the sales tactics are so poor, because the class itself was actually quite good.

Anyway, as I shared elsewhere:
    I tried a prenatal yoga class at The Yoga Room today and learned that the first trial class is free (with HKID), and then they have package or membership options to choose from. Found out after the trial class that there's also a joining fee (that's only waived if you sign up for a pkg that day). But the teacher was good & attentive, class was small, and generally inviting.

gummibears is offline Registered User

Ps, if anyone has other experiences with prenatal yoga group classes with other affordable yoga studios, please let me know! I'm going to try A Mother's Touch in Central, and also the Sanctuary. Thanks so much :)

mrs
    mrs is offline Registered User

Flex express also runs pre-natal yoga classes.

Banjomum is offline Registered User

I've practiced yoga for 12 years and am 20 weeks pregnant. In my experience - and that of many teachers I know who have had babies themselves - a regular hatha or iyengar yoga class is fine for pregnant women. There will be a couple of moves those of us with big bellies can't do. But any yoga teacher who's properly trained will give you an alternative. Pre-natal yoga teachers will undoubtedly disagree with me. But if find it doesn't add much to a regular practice. If your aim is flexibility for an easier birth, any yoga class will do. If you have very specific ailments its probably best to get private yoga classes with a highly qualified teacher. Much also depends on how fit you are and how used to yoga you are. I used to power/astanga yoga with a woman who stayed with us in the class - and kept up fine - until 8.5 months. Most people can do hatha. But avoid hot yoga as that's probably conducive to fainting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12