Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sanatorium or Adventist? AND Delivery budget

lina27 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    We had a private deluxe room. ... Our insurance covered it so it made sense to make ourselves comfortable .....
    What insurance did you have? I am currently looking for one that covers pregnancy, child brith and maternity. I have a decent insurance but it doesn't cover pregnancy or childbirth :(. Ideally, need a top-up plan that covers them.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    IHI covers

tjahjana is offline Registered User
    Any recommendations for doctors who does circumcision @ sanatorium?

thanks

doanni2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by lina27 View Post
    What insurance did you have? I am currently looking for one that covers pregnancy, child brith and maternity. I have a decent insurance but it doesn't cover pregnancy or childbirth :(. Ideally, need a top-up plan that covers them.

Lina27, I cannot help with an insurance that convers pregnancy, and also I did not go through the whole thread. Are you already pregnant? Some companies do not cover things if they are considered "pre-conditions", I mean, if the "condition" started before they start their coverage.

Also, I had an issue at Sanatorium a few weeks ago. Not related with pregnancy, but with medication given to small kids.
    My son (2,5 years old) had gone through tonsils and adenoids surgery, and they came to give him a pain killer (suppository) when my husband was in the room and I had left to have lunch. When I was back, thank god my husband did not leave right away, because around an hour later, another nurse came to give my son a pain killer (suppository). My husband asked how often that was needed and she said every 8 hours. He told her they had already given him one an hour earlier, and this nurse, and then a second nurse who came 5 minutes later, insisted that they did not have anything on their record about that first suppository. We, of course, did not allow them to put a second suppository and we reported that issue to the doctor. We should have reported to the hospital management though, but we didn't.
    Maybe a second suppository of pain killer is not a serious overdose, but it is scary to see that they can come and put double doses of medications if you do not pay attention and ask what they are doing. And, in any case, there must be a reason why that dose is given every 8 hours and not every hour.
    If my husband leaves and does not tell me they put him a suppository, I would not have asked the nurse and would have let her put a second one.

Aditi Aggarwal is offline Registered User
    Who was your doctor?

Has anyone delivered with a resident doctor in sanitorium?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345