- 01-16-2012, 01:22 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Happy Valley
Attachment Parenting Dropout
A humorous article:
- 01-16-2012, 10:10 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
Great post, I hate labels n parenting. We do a lot of "crunchy" type parenting things, but there are other which have no appeal to us. I think every family has to do what works best for them.
I breastfeed, we cosleep (room sharing now with 3.5 year old who sometimes crawls into our bed, and we will bed share with baby to arrive in March), I cloth diapered and will again, but we don't eat 100% organic, my husband is nearly a carnivore, we babywear, but also just purchased an all terrain stroller. We have a helper who does occasionally babysit my 3 year old. The horror!
Life is about balance and anyone in ANY extreme runs the risk of losing that.
- 01-17-2012, 12:45 PM #3
Love it too. I have a very dear friend who thinks that her ideas about parenting, homeschooling, childbirth and breastfeeding should be universally applied - and while I love her, those attitudes are not healthy. We are all parents, trying to do the best for our kids given our unique circumstances. I'll look after my kids, you look after yours. And unless something is damaging or harmful, why do we even care about what everyone else is doing??
- By yvonnewyw in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 33Last Post: 12-15-2011, 11:01 PM
- By NicoleKwong in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 15Last Post: 07-12-2011, 09:41 PM
- By hongkongmommy in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 26Last Post: 06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
- By hbw10 in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM
- By hongkongmommy in forum PlaygroupsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM