Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mid-Levels!

CMD
    CMD is offline Registered User

Mid-Levels!

Helloooooooo geo-mamas!

Can anyone advise us on living in the Mid-Levels with a little one (almost 7 months). We are specifically looking at a flat towards the end of Robinson Rd (the address is 80 something). How family-friendly is the Mid-Levels? Is this as good as anywhere on the Island with a stroller (hahaaa)?

carang is offline Registered User
    i can't imagine using a stroller in the mid-levels...

mrs
    mrs is offline Registered User
    Hi. We live at 70 Robinson Road and I regularly use the stroller to go to the grocery store, botanical gardens and children's classes at coda plaza (on macdonnell road). It's pretty easy to reach those locations. It is very difficult to bring the stroller down to central, however - the sidewalks sometimes disappear and there are random steps/stairs here and there.

alfa is offline Registered User
    I used to live in 80 robinson and loved it.There are at least 4 buses outside you can use to go to central. I used to walk to the Zoo and to Central with a pram without major prooblems. there are at least 4 supermarkets in the vincinity so you never have to venture out too far.the only downside was that number 80 doesnt have an outdoor pool only an indoor one.

CMD
    CMD is offline Registered User
    Thanks guys! We are really digging the interior of this one apartment. But are we CrAzY for going for a building with no facilities (i.e. swimming pool)? Is it easy to make friends?? We just arrived a few weeks ago and I am in need of other mommies and babies to have fun with!

alfa is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Thanks guys! We are really digging the interior of this one apartment. But are we CrAzY for going for a building with no facilities (i.e. swimming pool)? Is it easy to make friends?? We just arrived a few weeks ago and I am in need of other mommies and babies to have fun with!
    there are facilities just not an open swimming pool. Thee is a small outdoor playground, indoor play area, gym, indoor pool and a squash court. Nearby on Cain rd there is a playground that is very popular. We made lots of friends as there are many moms and some stay at home dad who live there so we always got to talk. I also really liked living on Conduit Rd but it is harder to get to the shops from there.If you are after an outdoor swimming pool than no73 might be a better choice but be aware that there is construction work going nearby 73 so the noise might be an issue.

bonita is offline Registered User
    I live on Conduit Road and there is an outdoor pool and tennis court at our building. Some other buildings on this street have pools, playgrounds etc. There are no shops here, and I have to head down to Robinson Road for shopping. I'm a baby carrier person so it doesn't affect me much; but I'd have to say Conduit Road is not very stroller friendly since sidewalks are quite narrow and always end and you'd have to cross the street to use the opposite side, just to cross again a few minutes later.