Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Stressing over no beds during Dragon Year

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine@MIH View Post
    Hi Ladies. We (at Matilida International Hospital) have been reading various threads lately discussing maternity booking arrangements at our hospital. Some ladies have mentioned a “waiting list.” We are writing to clarify that there is no waiting list, and any cancellation notification ladies received from our hospital is final. All obstetricians are aware of the number of their deliveries that we can accept and as such, ladies receiving such a notification are strongly advised to work with their doctors for alternative arrangements.

Umm, has the hospital changed its wait list policy since 2010? When we were "waitlisted" (when I was about 14 weeks along I think) our OB had a specific number of people waiting for beds at Matilda ahead of us (initially 6 people), and we were periodically updated with our position on the list as it moved up. We ultimately had a spot confirmed at 28 weeks or something.

newbaby01 is offline Registered User

Congratulations! I wouldn't worry about it. I go to the same clinic and see Dr. Doo. He delivered my first at Matilda in 2010 and I was confirmed as soon as he sent in the request. I am due with my second in May and was much later than you to find out. Because of this he thought I would not be able to get a immediate spot at Matilda and got me a confirmed spot at Aventis.

If the office has told you they think you will get a spot you likely will as she probably has a list and you are pretty high on the list. I think the Dr. and office has a good idea as the spaces they have available so don't worry.

missprincepessa is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    Umm, has the hospital changed its wait list policy since 2010? When we were "waitlisted" (when I was about 14 weeks along I think) our OB had a specific number of people waiting for beds at Matilda ahead of us (initially 6 people), and we were periodically updated with our position on the list as it moved up. We ultimately had a spot confirmed at 28 weeks or something.
    Maybe Matilda doesn't FORMALLY waitlist you, but your OB keeps going in to bat for you to see if spaces are available? I booked at Matilda at 5 weeks 5 days and unfortunately did not get offered a place until around 15 weeks which was way too late as i had already accepted and paid deposit at Adventist. Such a shame as i gave birth to my son at Matilda and was absolutely positive I would get a spot at less than 6 weeks with Dr Lord, but not in time unfortunately)-: Matilda should really think about moving their processing times to well before 9 weeks.

sfolola is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone! I am going to do my best to trust Dr.Mok's assessment; this being our first baby, I definitely feel overwhelmed all that is happening.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Trust is the most important thing I believe, there are too many "new" things and one less thing to worry unnecessarily about is always good for you.

LOJITT is offline Registered User

"Matilda should really think about moving their processing times to well before 9 weeks."

I disagree. So many pregnancies fail before 8 weeks. If they start accepting at 5 weeks it's just a crazy scramble from finding out you're pregnant, finding an Obs and getting your booking in, and then probably loads of cancellations due to pregnancy losses. I think the 9 week rule is pretty sensible.

rebekah likes this.

lost is offline Registered User

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and have been told by my clinic that Matilda (and a few other hospitals!) is full.... Just saw this thread - have things changed so much in the past 2 months that Matilda is taking bookings much earlier than 9 weeks now??.... **stressing out**

sfolola is offline Registered User

Hi Lost,

I received confirmation for Matilda about 3 weeks ago, right around my 9 week point. So, my Dr was correct that I shouldn't worry. I guess what I would tell you is too trust your Dr. If you have one who interns for the hospital of your choice, you are very likely to get a spot, provided you jump through all the hoops with document submission, and get your testing done on time.

Congrats and good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast