Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

looking for kindy summer school july 2012

matsy is offline Registered User

looking for kindy summer school july 2012

Hi

I am looking for a local kindy/pre-school that runs a summer school for the whole month of July.

We would be travelling from abroad for this, so the school should be willing to accept someone who isn't currently enrolled. My daughter is 5 years old.

I need somewhere that has is mainly Cantonese speaking as this is the purpose of our trip!

Thanks

MommieMid is offline Registered User
    Matsy,
    I believe that the kindergartens will require a Hong Kong ID of the parents, in order to allow their children to attend.

Many of the local kindergartens close for summer break although the day care centres may continue through the summer. Unfortunately, I only know of English kindergartens that run summer schools.
    Hopefully someone will reply to your posting with positive information for you to pursue.

Have a look at this invaluable government website showing all the kindergartens.
    http://www.chsc.hk/kindergarten/index_en.html

MommieMid is offline Registered User
    Are you travelling to Hong Kong over the Summer in order to take up residency here in September?
    If so this webpage is essential reading.
    http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/EN...dec%202011.pdf

The Li Sing Primary School hold a summer bridging program for their new children entering primary one in September. It is an excellent program and my little boy loved his time at this school, last summer.
    I must question whether your five year old will develop much of language aquisition in four weeks, unless you speak Cantonese at home.
    We have been here 18 months and my children are at local Chinese schools and exposed to the Cantonese language daily.