Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Preschool in Ap Lei Chau

SophieHK is offline Registered User

Preschool in Ap Lei Chau

Hi, we are considering moving from the Belcher's to Larvotto in Ap Lei Chau. Just wondering if there are any good preschools in Ap Lei Chau for my 2.3 years old. How is life in Ap Lei Chau / Larvotto for 2 baby boys (2.3 years and 11 months)?! Thanks in advance for any comment.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Are you looking for some international preschool ? if so, there is Woodland, right on the other side of the Ap Lei Chau bridge. There is also Victoria Kindergarden and IMS in South Horizons.
    Now... Larvotto has no bus service yet, you have to go to Lei Tung, or take a taxi. Have you visited yet ?
    We live in SOuth Horizons and it's a very convenient place, shopping mall, schools, bus service, playgrounds, club house, 5 mn by bus from Larvotto/Sham Wan Towers.
    Sham Wan Towers is a bit easier to go to, but the appartments are much smaller (though a few landlords have transformed 2 flats in one).
    Good luck !

MommieMid is offline Registered User

There is a kindergarten opening on street level of Larvotto. Looks great! My three year olds go to Chinese kindergarten in Central already.
    Shuttle service goes to Causeway Bay and Aberdeen on a half hourly basis at present, but this may change to Central instead. Public transport is surprisingly convenient and very frequent.
    Why are you thinking of moving to the south side?
    We have lived in Aberdeen, a year already! We love Aberdeen and do all our grocery and local shopping there. The open space is wonderful, but if you are thinking of basing your activities for your babies in Central, then there is a lot of travelling back and forth. Our lives are centred around Mid-levels, so the travelling gets monotonous after a while.

SophieHK is offline Registered User

Thank you both for this valuable information! We are considering moving there because apartments are brand new and prices very reasonable compared to the Belcher's. We are just worried about transportation to go to work or Central during week ends... As for the kids, it seems everything is available in Ap Lei Chau or Aberdeen. There is space available for my older son in the afternoon sessions of Woodland Harbourside, the only problem is that there is no bus services to bring him to school. So I was wondering if there were options, I might check out pre schools in South Horizons. I have been to Ap Lei Chau park which seems quite ice for kids to play. I've seen the kindergarten opening on street level of Larvotto but their prices are really... impressive!
    One more question about Ap Lei Chau, is it easy to get deliveries, say food, grocery, etc? Thanks again for your help.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Woodland has a bus service, but you might need to take your child to Sham Wan Towers... not sure.
    It's true that the park is really great, the promenade is brand new, the fresh market is really nice, really love this place !
    For the food delivery, no problem, Park N SHop does it.

pixelelf is offline Registered User

when we used to live at sham wan towers, we always do take aways from shops in aberdeen. these are our fav take aways
    - tsui wah (has western + asian selection)
    +852 2552 6998

- Little India Indian & Italian Restaurant (love the pizzas and briyani)
    Shop 1, G/F, Abba Commercial Building, 223-227 Aberdeen Main Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
    +852 3526 0611 ‎

- dessert shop called 大佳B甜品屋 ( price of min orders, am not sure if they still deliver to ap lei chau)
    +852 2555 2929

- macs (main line)
    kfc (main line)

on top of these, we have a regular cab driver who sometimes helps us buy food around the island and delivers to us :P we pay him for food as well as taxi rides.

woodland should have a school bus service.