Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Shekou Shenzhen - expat community and mom q's

M's Mommy is offline Registered User

Shekou Shenzhen - expat community and mom q's

Hello, been researching on the web and haven't seen any recent posts on this area. Husband's job is moving us to Shekou and the company is currently arranging accommodations. Any suggestions or opinions on the following locations?

Peninsula
    Coastal Rose Gardens
    Jingshan Villas

I have a 6 month old. We won't have a car. So I'm interested in convenience, transportation, other english speaking mums, grocery (availability of organic baby food jars, diapers, etc), can I push the stroller around the immediate area to explore, any places near with air conditioning - day to day stuff.

Also do you think we will be able to manage in a 1 bedroom or should we pushing hard for a 2 bedroom. I believe the company is under budget.

I have many more questions but this is a start! Thanks in advance!

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Push for a 2 bedroom. The baby will have to sleep in his/her own room eventually anyway. Plus, I'm always for pushing companies. The worst they can do is not give it to you -- but you'll never have it if you don't ask.
    Plus, even nice places in SZ are cheaper than HK, so they should be able to afford it.

LuceR is offline Registered User
    HI,

I am in the same situation as you - my husband has been offered a 2 year contract in Shenzhen and we are moving over in August this year. We have a 5 month old (will be nine months when we get there). I was just wondering if you would mind giving me some info on how you find Shenzhen - and things like baby formula and nappies and all that sort of things?

We are also looking at apartments and have heard that coastal rose is a nice spot??

Thanks heaps in advance.
    Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by M's Mommy View Post
    Hello, been researching on the web and haven't seen any recent posts on this area. Husband's job is moving us to Shekou and the company is currently arranging accommodations. Any suggestions or opinions on the following locations?

Peninsula
    Coastal Rose Gardens
    Jingshan Villas

I have a 6 month old. We won't have a car. So I'm interested in convenience, transportation, other english speaking mums, grocery (availability of organic baby food jars, diapers, etc), can I push the stroller around the immediate area to explore, any places near with air conditioning - day to day stuff.

Also do you think we will be able to manage in a 1 bedroom or should we pushing hard for a 2 bedroom. I believe the company is under budget.

I have many more questions but this is a start! Thanks in advance!