Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Tai Tam recommendations

spin7450 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Tai Tam recommendations

I'm moving to Tai Tam (Pacific View) and am looking for tips on preschools ( I have a 3 year old and a 13 month old), swimming classes, good shops and restaurants and activities for kids in the area.

Also, if anyone can recommend a Suzuki piano teacher and a good yoga class, that would be great.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Tai Tam
    I live in Tai Tam and although don't have much advice on preschools there are 3 of them located in Redhill Plaza (also in Tam Tam). Montesorri Woodlands, Tutor Time and Sunshine House. You might be interested in joining the American Club located right next to Pacific View and they offer tons of children's lessons and activities including ballet, tennis, swimming, etc. They also have an excellent playroom for children (but Pacific View also has a playroom facility as well). As for restaurants, the nearest ones are in Stanley. Chez Patrick's deli and Classified are great for brunch/dinner. Saffron bakery is also very kid friendly. Pizza Express has decent pizza. If you have pet dogs, Stanley has lots of option for al fresco dining as well. Stanley plaza has an outdoor playground, and if I'm not mistaken there are a few moms on this forum that also have a playgroup in the Stanley area which is right next to Tai Tam.

P.S. The Taste supermarket in Stanley Plaza is a real rip-off. Their prices are ridiculous compared to Wellcome for some reason. I usually do my supermarket shopping in the area at Wellcome or I'll hop over to the Jason's marketplace in Repulse Bay sometimes as well.