- 02-21-2012, 01:25 PM #25
Also, booking early in a private hospital does not guarantee that you will not be unnecessarily separated from your baby at birth. And in my experience, this is much more likely to happen in the private hospitals than the public (in the public it only usually happens for health reasons, if the baby needs to be in special care or something like that). Like HC said, it is a completely different issue than mothers supposedly having to give birth in the maternity ward. From your response, I take it that you have heard a rumour and are perpetuating it, even though you personally don't know anyone who has had to deliver in the maternity ward.
- 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM #26Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- hong kong
Your advice is, don't worry, take your time, minimise your chances of delivering where you want, then panic. My advice is, don't panic, get organised early and see a doctor at 5 weeks to confirm pregnancy and secure a hospital booking..rather than spending up to 38 weeks to find out where you are going to deliver. Your option sounds MUCH more stressful to me! As for me, i AM having a baby this year. I did get knocked back from a hospital despite applying before 6 weeks. I secured a booking at another hosptial very early on and got it sorted. Im totally relaxed now (-:
Pity the poor woman who delays, and ends up stressing for the entire pregnancy not knowing if she is going to have any control over where she delivers. I know which advice i'd be taking!!!
- By test2011 in forum Everything ElseReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2011, 10:44 AM
- By virginiayue in forum Family HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM
- By chiuy in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
- By HKfornow in forum EducationReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2007, 11:20 PM
- By a_chan in forum Family HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2005, 10:40 AM