Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

High chair recommendations needed

Mogwai is offline Registered User

High chair recommendations needed

We are expecting our little boy in 2 weeks and wondering whether we should yet get a 2-in-1 baby rocker+high chair? My sister gave us a baby rocker (used) from FisherPrice but both my husband and I are thinking to get the rocker+high chair from Combi as the height is adjustable and can use it as a high chair later on. Any advise whether we really needed a 2-in-1? Any comments on Combi Rashule vs Combi Roanju as the price is almost doubled. Thanks a lot.

Fan

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    I don't like all those bulky, plasticy seat. I just had a simple bouncy seat which I passed on / sold after I was done with it and I bought a Stokke high chair when the kids were about 6 months old. Five years later we still use them. They look good / neutral, they're easy to clean and don't take up a ton of space.
    rebekah likes this.

CMD
    CMD is offline Registered User
    I agree with MommyTo3. We use the fisher price bouncy seat/ swing (2 in 1, small and compact) and when she was 6 months old we bought the Stokke high chair. I absolutely LOVE this high chair! It totally blends in (unlike all the other baby gear) and it'll grow with the baby. Besides, it's small and beyond easy to clean. No secret hiding places!

burrcl is offline Registered User
    We have the Combi Roanju that was bought as a gift for us by my husband's colleagues, plus a Fisherprice rocking chair thing. I liked the Combi when my son was tiny as it was flat and he could nap in it and I could wheel him around the house! Now he's bigger, he likes to sit in his fisherprice chair (he didn't like it when he was very small), and we use the combi in the highchair position now we are weaning.

If I was purchasing myself I very much doubt I would have bought the combi chair as they are very expensive, but it is a nice to have...

Mogwai is offline Registered User
    Thanks. The Stokke high chair does look very trendy. I saw it's all made of wood, how comfortable is it? Where can i take a look in HK? What's the price range anyone have any ideas?

peainpod is offline Registered User
    We have both the Combi Roanju and the Stokke and I found them both useful - for different periods. I really liked the Roanju for the newborn stage as a sleeping cot that we wheeled into our bedroom at night and used in the living room during the day. As bubs got older and we moved him to a cot (around 2 months b4 he could roll over) the Roanju was good as a feeding/rocking chair. We got the Stokke when our son turned 2, and it was great for a while but now that he's almost 4, he refuses to use it anymore, preferring our regular dining chairs. I still keep it around as it doesn't look out of place around our dining table (we've given the Roanju away) and I hope he'll reconsider using it later.

I also thought about the Rashule (older model which is why it's cheaper) but ended up buying the Roanju and in retrospect, I'm glad we did bc the design is better and more importantly the chair has better ventilation and when the baby's in there for a long time, I do think it makes a difference.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Stokke all the way! Love it and it's great for babies 6 months and up. I find out highchairs, babies slouch in them.

TungBB is offline Registered User
    My baby sits very well in Stokke at 6 mths and she looks comfortable in it. It is very easy to clean and that is important as it gets dirty very often. You can get it at mothercare.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast