Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tulle, tulle and more tulle.....

miran is offline Registered User
    I have been to SSP too and quite liked it. If anything it was too huge for me :) I dont know a word of chinese and it has not been a problem - not at wet markets, SSP, new territories etc etc.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I heard SSP was unsafe a) from my Chinese husband who told me it was worse than Mongkok. Personally I feel much safer in SSP though - and b) from friends who knew someone who was molested there about 15 years ago at night in a dark alley.

I think that ANYWHERE can be unsafe if you go to the wrong places at the wrong times - but going to the craft stores in SSP in the day time is in my opinion completely safe... (my husband is still not convinced though ;) )

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies - I managed to find some tulle on the top floor of the western market, which incidentally is a lovely little walk through. Unexpected and quite quaint. It is though expensive (I think). For very ordinary tulle it was 120HKD per metre (150cm wide). I am sure SSP is cheaper but for the directionally impaired, language poor types and time pressed (all me) this does the trick. Thanks again ladies for coming through for me! Very pleased.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top