Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Labor Bag Preparation for QMH

carang is offline Registered User
    ick! can't imagine drinking pure sugar... i get my highs from coke zero and nestea (almost the same as pure sugar, but more like pure chemicals! LOL!)

blessed is offline Registered User
    i delivered at qmh in 2010 and had to bring the following into the delivery room:
    - maternity pads
    - bed liners
    - diapers for baby
    Since there are suggested brands (pads & liners) per qmh I would recommend u to just get it from the 7-11 when u arrive, coz we didn't have the right ones and they send my hubby down to get the preferred one anyways. For diapers u bring whichever brand u prefer, the pack will kept under the baby basket & u also bring your own wipes. They will use it for baby after their daily bath and of course u will change your baby the rest of the time since baby is room in with mom @ qmh.

Both baby & I used their gowns when we stayed and only need a set of clothing when we leave. Your family can bring those to u on the last day as storage space is limited.

I also brought my own slippers and a comfy sweater.

From what I know they also provided formula if prefer (they ask me multiple times from the moment I arrive & at the delivery suite my preferred feeding method) but no sure if u can choose the brand of formula. I chose breastfeeding and baby was given to us for bonding right after delivery. the lactation goes around to check plus they have classes daily.

Oh one more thing u can bring your own music to the delivery suite (cd player only) and that was good to have

Sarah_Lotus is offline Registered User
    Rather than a sweater I'd take a cardigan. Then you can have your chest are open to the baby, with blankets over the both of you, but still keep your shoulders warm.

Remember that lots of skin-to-skin with the baby will help the baby with the temperature control, help with the breastfeeding and reduce engorgement.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

blessed is offline Registered User
    Yes I mean a cardigan, basically living in button up clothing for the first few months after giving birth then it's all types of breast feeding tops :)

Lali07 is offline Registered User
    Hi Blessed, congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your little one! Re breastfeeding tops, you may find you don't really need many. They are expensive, hard to find and sometimes not much of a range. I find stretchy tops, button down tops, or two-layers work fine. With the two layers option, you can buy a thin singlet, and wear any top you like over that, then when little one is hungry, you can simply pull one layer up, one layer down, and feed away. Its quite private too. Good luck! :D

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Also bring a cup for yourself to drink with. They fill up a jug for you but you need something to drink from.
    Socks, slippers
    Nipple ointment (Lanolin) if breastfeeding
    Nursing pads
    Chargers, they don't like you to use them because if there's an emergency, they want to make sure they have enough electricity for the equipment, but everyone used it to charge their phones...

penelope is offline Registered User
    Cash to go down to starbucks(if you can walk)
    Voltarene tablets , I was only offered panadol when I went there(twice)

carang is offline Registered User
    they have stronger pain meds. you need to ask for them, and seriously need them (i was on pain killers throughout both pregnancies for different reasons). any hospital would frown on you taking outside medications... it could react with any other meds you are on and create serious side-effects.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast