Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Baby carrier

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Everyone I know that has a baby bjorn eventually gets another carrier because it's quite painful on the shoulders as baby gets heavier. Also there's a lot of pressure on baby's crotch area because of how it's designed where in the ergo or beco, baby's hips are more supported I think.

rebekah is offline Registered User
    Ergo used to be distributed by little bare feet, which I believe is no longer going to continue in that position (but I could be wrong) and they are instead carrying the Beco. Personally, I love my ergo performance. it really IS much cooler than the cotton version. I bought it after using an organic for 2 years as I was still carrying my daughter in the summer heat. The difference was immediately noticeable.
    thanka2 likes this.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    Ergo used to be distributed by little bare feet, which I believe is no longer going to continue in that position (but I could be wrong) and they are instead carrying the Beco. Personally, I love my ergo performance. it really IS much cooler than the cotton version. I bought it after using an organic for 2 years as I was still carrying my daughter in the summer heat. The difference was immediately noticeable.
    We use the Ergo Performance and it's great. We never bought the cotton one because we had read here and elsewhere that it can be hot and stuffy in the HK heat and humidity. But, we use the Performance every day with our daughter and it is fantastic--she's nearly a year old now and it's still comfortable to carry her in it--I've started carrying her on my back in it and she really likes that as well.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

evgreen is offline Registered User
    I didn't like the ergo for newborn. You have to buy the newborn infant insert separately...personally find it too hot and stuffy for hong kong. I used a moby wrap for newborn and now that baby is 4 months old I like the ergo much more. I only used the ergo infant insert twice if you are interested I can sell it to you.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Even though the canvas is thicker, I find it slightly more supportive than the Sport which was made before the performance. The sport is lighter and thinner, but with a heavier child, the original is quite good and the shoulder straps are very comfy!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by evgreen View Post
    I didn't like the ergo for newborn. You have to buy the newborn infant insert separately...personally find it too hot and stuffy for hong kong. I used a moby wrap for newborn and now that baby is 4 months old I like the ergo much more. I only used the ergo infant insert twice if you are interested I can sell it to you.
    I didn't find the insert to be all that hot and stuffy--my daughter was out of it pretty quickly, though. We did use it up until July in Hong Kong.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

slin is offline Registered User
    Thanks evgreen! I'm planning to wait till our baby is about 1-2 mths before we get a carrier, that way we can put her on to try it out! i will definitely contact you for the infant inserts in a month or two should we decide to get an ergo!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by evgreen View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12