Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Baby carrier

slin is offline Registered User

Baby carrier

Need to seek some advice here, i'm expecting my first newborn next month and is currently shopping for a good baby carrier which can be used for newborn up to maybe 2-3 yrs old?

Went through some of the existing threads here and noticed the Ergo and Beco baby carrier top the list. Just wondering if anyone has used both...am quite torn between the two, Ergo seems to be the more popular ones but am wondering if its suitable for a newborn and does any mommy here have fussy babies which doesn't like the facing inward position?

Beco on the other hand, seems perfect as baby can be carried both way (facing inward + outward) and the design seems more stylish but it doesn't seem as popular as Ergo and i wonder why.

Lastly, where can i find these two carriers? I read from some threads that both Ergo and Beco are not available in HK and has to be ordered from either US or mummymilk (a Sg site - for Ergo carrier).

Your advise and views are much appreciated. Thanks! ;)

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Ergo you can get here pretty easily, but Beco isn't here. You can try Ergo at Bumps to babes or Little Barefeet. I love the ergo. The facing out is neat but I find that it's hard on your back as the baby gets older and bigger to face out.
    thanka2 likes this.

blessed is offline Registered User
    we r using a beco for our 16-mth, we switch from baby bjorn at about 8-mth when he got a bit bigger to be comfy for both of u. i usually have him face in but hubby uses the front facing option thus we chose beco over ergo. I have tried the ergo only at the shop and found both similar to use. to me the beco may be more easy to manage and easier on the back with the cross back design.

u can try the ergo at citysuper (tst) and BtoB. We bought our beco from the official website and paid for shopping from the states, worked out to be similar in price comparing to getting the ergo in HK.

slin is offline Registered User
    thanks! can u share the US website where you ordered your Beco?

blessed is offline Registered User
    we ordered from http://www.becobabycarrier.com/

do note they have 2 models, only the gemini can switch between inward facing and forward facing...

gpjapan is offline Registered User
    Why not baby bjorn?

mrs
    mrs is offline Registered User
    they also sell the ergo at mother organic. I like the versatility of the ergo as baby gets bigger because baby can be carried sideways and piggyback style. My husband likes to use it that way and my son is so comfortable he falls asleep easily when they go out for long walks or shopping trips. It's also easy to readjust when we both use it. I've never used the beco so I don't have a comparison though. Baby's weight is also entirely distributed on your waist too (no shoulder or back pain) which makes it very comfy for you especially if you are of smaller stature like me.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by gpjapan View Post
    Why not baby bjorn?
    The Baby Bjorn--at least the model we had--is not very supportive of the baby's hips which can cause mis-development of the back and hips in the baby--not only that the way it's structured can cause back pain for the person carrying the baby. Now that we have an Ergo, any time we try to use the Baby Bjorn we are shocked at how awkward and uncomfortable it is.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast