Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

CD player/ boombox for todder

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User

CD player/ boombox for todder

Dear all,

I'm trying to buy a small/simple/cute CD player/ boombox for my 2-year-old so that we can play music in his room (and he can choose the CD!). I checked Fortress and Broadway already but they said that they don't have it. Is there any recommendation on where I can get something like this? Thanks in advance!

penguinsix is offline Registered User

We found a Philips clock radio that had a CD, but it is probably the worst piece of consumer electronics I've ever owned (and yes, I even wrote them a letter explaining why the user interface was ridiculous and counter-intuitive and 'designed by a bunch of folks who had no concept of human beings').

That said, there are a lot of smaller electronics stores around that will have options, such as the 7th or 8th floor of Times Square and a few other places here and there. If you've got the cash you might just get an iPod touch (or even a nano) and then connect it to a boom box, allowing the kid to swipe and select music rather than fiddling with CDs.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Wingon, sincere might have it...actually got mine from fortress...could also try Apita...could kill two birds with one stone by going to taikoo shing

Margaret09 is offline Registered User

I bought one at Fortress in Times Square, but it was their last 'displa'y one... I searched a long time to find it, they seem to be a disappearing product. I bet there are lots lying around in people's homes not being used. Good luck with the search

babydoll is offline Registered User

"Its Magical" sells CD players for kids but I think they come with a mic.

shar_ssc is offline Registered User

I got mine at Fortress in Mongkok and I've seen it at the Fortress at Tsing Yi mall too.

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone! I'll check out all the places you mentioned.

mb2
    mb2 is offline Registered User

Try that hi fi shop on Pennington Street in Causeway Bay the street behind Lee Gardens). The shop is on Ground level, facing Jia Hotel.

We got our Phillipps CD player there of around $300-400 half year ago, still working good!