Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Need party planners for baby's 1st birthday party. Any recommendations?

carang is offline Registered User

the one that goes over the best is a transparent rubber bouncy ball. it's about 2 inches in diameter. there is a little ball within the ball (looks almost like a snowglobe, with sparkles etc) which, when bounced, lights up with different flashing colours. there was also a fish or angry bird inside, if i remember correctly.... i think i paid about $7.5 each, because i bought 30 of them.

i also get funky rubbers, pencils/colours etc....none of which look cheap.

my usual budget per bag is about $12.5 or so and i'm always able to fill the bag with some carefully chosen items.

peainpod is offline Registered User

Wow those sound great! (Esp the ball idea, which works for boys and girls.) Can you tell me the street name in Shamshuipo? Thanks!

(Unfortunately I'm way over $12! Son is into Chuggington right now so I ended up ordering all the party ware from amazon uk and paying a mint for shipping!)

my girl is princess everything, my son is ben 10/transformer everything.... but i just got a bunch of cool things not following any of the "themes" for their bags. the kids loved them!

if you stand with your back at dragon centre and walk towards golden centre... walk to the far side of golden centre and then down that street.... fuk wing street (i think it is)....

peainpod is offline Registered User

Thanks, Carang! I'm going to try to head down there this weekend for a look around!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack OP's thread...back to the subject, not sure how fancy you want the party or perhaps you're too busy, but I've always found pleasure/satisfaction arranging my son's birthdays. Even if you intend to outsource, you may want to save some of the planning for yourself.

i also enjoy planning my kids' birthdays...i wasn't being critical of the OP (which i think she thought i was)... i just can't imagine having a party planner for a kid's first birthday...but then again, i planned my own wedding, too. couldn't imagine outsourcing that to someone else.

rumnyc is offline Registered User

wow, i'm checking this post after weeks and am shocked to see so many reprisals, all because i asked for the contacts of some party planners! who would've guessed?

i'm so glad Carang that you are able to plan wonderful birthdays for your kids. keep it up!

satay sue - why have i PM'd my budget? that's a strange question. i didn't PM to hide my budget. i wanted to have a one-on-one conversation with the person who wanted more specific information for me. why such animosity?

anyway, thanks for the all the comments. plans for my son's birthday are well under way and i will no longer need any ideas.

Portia is offline Registered User

This is too late for the OP, but in case it is of use to anyone else, my friend used this party planner for her son's 5th birthday and they seemed to do a good job: http://www.partybus.com.hk.

rumnyc likes this.

i don't think anyone was meaning to offer up reprisals. i'm sure we are all sorry that it was interpreted that way.

rumnyc likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast