Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting into QMH but not in catchment area

calypso is offline Registered User
    that's true from what I've heard I should have plenty of time to get to the hospital, but thought it'd be more comfortable staying with them (they have a live in maid). and really I was thinking perhaps staying with them 1-2 weeks before due date.

and yes, getting to pamela youde is actually a longer trip than getting to QMH. Also a trip from Lamma means 15min walk to the ferry, 25min ferry, then maybe 30mins in a taxi - almost an hour travel time.
    Last edited by calypso; 02-20-2012 at 12:36 PM.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    If I was choosing the hospital based on which hospital I wanted to go to, I'd chose PY over QMH any day, UNLESS either I or the baby had significant health issues. For more minor, not life-threatening health issues, I'd still choose PY...

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    that's true from what I've heard I should have plenty of time to get to the hospital, but thought it'd be more comfortable staying with them (they have a live in maid). and really I was thinking perhaps staying with them 1-2 weeks before due date.

and yes, getting to pamela youde is actually a longer trip than getting to QMH. Also a trip from Lamma means 15min walk to the ferry, 25min ferry, then maybe 30mins in a taxi - almost an hour travel time.
    An hour travel time shouldn't be a problem at all, unless your pregnancy is high risk. When I went into labor was at work on a Saturday evening (about 5 weeks early - initially wasn't sure that i had gone into labor). I took a cab from Central to home on the South side of the island, called husband, walked dogs (our helper was off) and then got into the car and went to hospital. No big deal. I know it is different for everyone, but I never had anyone waiting on me, or doing extra things for me, even during the last weeks of pregnancy and personally I wouldn't have wanted any extra attention unless I was medically unable to care for myself.

My doctor stressed that the more active I was, even in the last weeks, the stronger and more healthy I would stay (unless of course there were complications preventing activity). Also, a routine change (moving in with the in-laws) could be quite stressful towards the end of a pregnancy, unless you already know that you get on with them very well...

claresaunders is offline Registered User
    My husband i are expecting our first baby in Nov. We have decided to go to QMH as it's the best hospital in HK in case there is any issues with the labour. However, i am a bit concerned on not able to see one doctor throughout the pregency, does anyone know any good doctor in QMH i can see throughout the whole period?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12